Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long saga, but I finally have the starter out of my 2001 Vulcan 500 LTD. Side note, an impact wrench is pretty much mandatory to get the flywheel off if you don't have the factory tool.

Do any of you fine folks have a source for a full rebuilt kit? Seems everything I'm finding is for the previous generation '500 and sites seem pretty ambiguous when they do list the 500 LTD.

EDIT: Partzilla has the parts, but the cost is ridiculous for brushes, a brush holder and a few O-rings.

The bike has fewer than 16,000 miles on it, but the brushes are toast, the housing is full of crumbly, jet black brush dust/grease goop and the o-rings are shot. I can't fathom how it's worn this much except that the P.O. must have cranked the living bejesus out of it.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the cheapest I can fine is Ricks Motorsports brush plate and brush kit for about $40, which is slightly cheaper than OEM. P/N 70_505 . Turns clockwise. Does that sound right?

Thanks,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, for a lack of feedback, I just grabbed the factory parts from Revzilla. $5 for an O-ring and $48 for a brush assy seems like a massive rip-off, but I miss my wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts