Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the 5 year warranty plan will take care of repairing the Battery Charging system on the 900????

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I would say that the charging system should be covered .. things like the battery, light bulbs, tires etc are usually exclusions. Double check with your dealer first, but if its a cherging problem and not a battery problem, you should be covered. Dont know if you run a battery saver, if not , its a good idea, get the one that cycles the battery and does not just charge it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that the charging system should be covered .. things like the battery, light bulbs, tires etc are usually exclusions. Double check with your dealer first, but if its a cherging problem and not a battery problem, you should be covered. Dont know if you run a battery saver, if not , its a good idea, get the one that cycles the battery and does not just charge it.
Its a brand new battery, i installed this morning. charged it to the letter before installing it. rode 2 hrs and stopped at a stop lite and died. did not even turn the motor over then. it was jumped and rode home 15 min. turned it off and wouldn't turn the motor over. One guy on the forum suggested it might be the stator or somthing like that. And I read that the 2007 models are known for that.
if its the stator, is that covered also?? thanks for the help.

also, what is a "battery saver"????

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
if its the stator, is that covered also?? thanks for the help.

also, what is a "battery saver"????
If its a stator, it should be covered under the warranty, i dont know a lot about them other than they usually die right after your warranty has expired.

This is a link for a battery saver.

http://cheapcycleparts.com/products/26011-battery-tender-021-0128-battery-chargers-accessories-12-v-battery-tender-plus

There are several different ones available, they can extend your battery life considerably...... I use one ALL year round, most dont, but it sure as well wont hurt it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its a stator, it should be covered under the warranty, i dont know a lot about them other than they usually die right after your warranty has expired.

This is a link for a battery saver.

http://cheapcycleparts.com/products/26011-battery-tender-021-0128-battery-chargers-accessories-12-v-battery-tender-plus

There are several different ones available, they can extend your battery life considerably...... I use one ALL year round, most dont, but it sure as well wont hurt it.
Thanks for the info on the battery saver.

NEXT, I just took the battery, after charging it, and put it back in the bike and started up just fine, of course. BUT the headlight did not come on. Bright or dim. I'm taking this as a bad sign. The engine is not producing any, or enough, electricity to power the headlights, it is. I will wait till tomorrow and check the fuses. But I doubt that is the case. What say you, any other possibilities.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A stator is covered under the extended warranty.

Beware however, if any aftermarket electrical accessories are on the bike, they will try not to cover it. They will try to say you taxed the system.

Somebody here was shot down because they had a Cobra light bar and not an OEM when the stator went out. Sound ridiculous, but that is what was reported.

My two cents

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
the headlight will not come on until the bike is running, its a battery saving design ... go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can personally atest to the stator being covered. Just a few months ago the stator on my 06 900 shorted. All repairs were covered by my 5yr warrany.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts