Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, I was changing my turn signals out with some switchback strips and noticed a chip in my stock headlight lens. Now, I've got a small pin hole in the upper right quadrant.

I'd been considering upgrading the light (bulb or assembly) for a while now, but being as we are in the cold, rainy season here in southeast Louisiana, I guess I have no choice.

I started digging into what my options were and it's looking like well over $100 for a used stock lens... I can't justify that, honestly. However, if I were to change it to one of the new daymaker style lights, it appears some sort of adjustment ring is required, and that's where the trouble gets worse. Once again, it seems that my old 2010 VN900C is forgotten (as it was with air suspension and many other things) and there is nothing to be found for adjustment rings.

Has anyone done any swaps in this department with a 5-3/4" headlight? I've seen post after post about 'my 7" ' and 'my 9" ' but not a single 5-3/4" post.

Thanks in advance. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
if your headlight is working, maybe consider living with the small pin hole,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had blown bulbs due to water in the headlight on my truck before. My truck is currently out of commission, so I'd rather get this handled, tbh.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Misfire, I checked and there are all kinds of LED replacements for 5 3/4 inch headlights, if you want to go the LED route. Some are much less than $100, and some are in the $100 ballpark, and some are more. eBay has them, everybody seems to have them.

Not sure about the alignment adjustments though. You were asking specifics about the adjustment I'm assuming. I can't help there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Misfire, I checked and there are all kinds of LED replacements for 5 3/4 inch headlights, if you want to go the LED route. Some are much less than $100, and some are in the $100 ballpark, and some are more. eBay has them, everybody seems to have them.

Not sure about the alignment adjustments though. You were asking specifics about the adjustment I'm assuming. I can't help there.
You're seeing my issue. I may just order one and check it out. I've seen a few with free returns listed. If it doesn't fit with the stock adjustment ring, hopefully I can just send it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts