Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend riding 2 up my bike was just a handful wallowing all over and bottoming on things it shouldn't. Long story short ordered a new Progressive 465 shock with the remote adjust. Awesome simply awesome! Still need to fine tune it a little more but wow what a difference. Firmed up the rear through the corners and just plain keeps the rear planted on a hard launch. Only drawback is now I cant wait to do the front fork springs and tighten the whole bike up. If your thinking about a new shock this is definitely worth the money. The adjustment know is very convenient no tool required to soften or firm up the ride, or adjust for 2 up and loads.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yep good move, we put a Ohlins on ours and customised it to our usual two up and touring riding. When ya do the front, be sure to fit racetech valves too, this will aid the springs and make for a great ride.

I rode a M109 Suzie before and after fitting, really really big difference.

Ando

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep the 465 is a good shock. I fitted the Progressive 465 rear 1" lower and their front 1" lower springs a few weeks ago, transforms the bike.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
So last weekend riding 2 up my bike was just a handful wallowing all over and bottoming on things it shouldn't. Long story short ordered a new Progressive 465 shock with the remote adjust. Awesome simply awesome! Still need to fine tune it a little more but wow what a difference. Firmed up the rear through the corners and just plain keeps the rear planted on a hard launch. Only drawback is now I cant wait to do the front fork springs and tighten the whole bike up. If your thinking about a new shock this is definitely worth the money. The adjustment know is very convenient no tool required to soften or firm up the ride, or adjust for 2 up and loads.
How much do you turn the knob to adjust between solo and 2-up riding.

Mind sharing approximate weights of yourself and passenger?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoaru99 just installed last night and a 30 minute solo ride so far. I have the super sized fiberglass bags and trunk that I need to fill next and adjust accordingly , then put the wife on and adjust probably will do so this weekend. I can tell you solo I am 200 wife and baggage probably another 250ish. Once I do that change with her on I will update.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is getting put on my "winter to-do list".
I have read and looked at all the photos and stories of your bike. And are you saying you have left the shock and springs as the last mod you could possibly do to that amazing bike of yours. I don't remember reading anything on shocks. Anyway nice bike mate and thanks for all your contributions to this forum. I read all those stories and looked at the photo section of your bike and another guy, cannot think of his name, hang on its bigsarge2012, that's it.
I think it was you that had your bike in a wedding. I can understand that.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
No, never changed out the shocks. I put in a 2 inch drop link, but that's it.

I'd love to tear down the front end, take the lowers in to have chromed and rebuild it... but it kind of intimidates me.

I have read and looked at all the photos and stories of your bike. And are you saying you have left the shock and springs as the last mod you could possibly do to that amazing bike of yours. I don't remember reading anything on shocks. Anyway nice bike mate and thanks for all your contributions to this forum. I read all those stories and looked at the photo section of your bike and another guy, cannot think of his name, hang on its bigsarge2012, that's it.
I think it was you that had your bike in a wedding. I can understand that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts