Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update--30 hours to lift-off to Phoenix AZ

Countdown to 0730 Pacific time Sunday May 2.

Almost ready. Mounted new Pirelli MT66 front and rear, new air cleaner and spark plugs, and am headed out shortly to install Amsoil 10-40, grease the zirks (if they're still there), and the fuel guage mod.

Will pack the T-bag tomorrow, and mount to the bike, so all I have to do is dress and ride.

Woo-hoo! My first road trip! I'll turn sixty in the saddle during this trip, a long way from home.

Oil, lube, and fuel guage mod are completed.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Great way to spend the birthday. Ride safe, and have fun!

Will you be going solo or are you riding with friends?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going with a buddy, Ron, from College Place WA.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update--Well, we arrived in Phoenix last night Wednesday after 4 days and 1650 miles. We saw some seriously high winds, particularly across the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. We saw some stunning scenery including Bryce Canyon, Utah's hiway 12 to Boulder to see an Anasazi pueblo ruin from about AD 1000. We also visited the south rim of Grand Canyon, sent home a bunch of souvenirs for the kids and grand kids. We haven't planned a return route yet, but tomorrow we're off with Ron's brother Steve and sister-in-law Starla to Tucson to see an air museum and take a bus tour of the mothballed airplane fleet in the desert.

And of course, the 900LT has performed flawlessly the entire trip. More updates to follow.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thanks for the update, mbwarner, glad you made it safely. It is a beautiful ride coming down that way through Utah.

When you get to the graveyard, you should stop in to see the missile silo too, it's not too far away, and really interesting. You can even take "back roads" rather than the interstate.
http://www.titanmissilemuseum.org/index.php

Have a great time, and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
What a PERFECT way to turn 60!
Happy birthday and good riding!

·
Registered
164 Posts
That 60 B-day Cruise gives me an idea. I turn 60 next year. Maybe I could...... naw, I turn in February. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, makes me shiver just think'n about seting out on the road from here in Ohio in February. I guess it would be better to wait at least until spring. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts