Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember from my childhood that it seemed to actually rain for days, then sunny for a few. Now, it seems like every day is just a chance for thunderstorms, usually like 20-40%. This makes it hard to decide to take the bike to work or not, since parking is outside only. I don't mind a little rain on her now and then but daily sideways " big ole fat rain" can not be good for electronics, the chain, or steel.

So, I'm in the market for a cover. I would just keep in a saddlebag, and deploy if rain showers are on the way, as we usually have an hours or so warning.

I have a cheap dust cover but don't trust that in tstorm winds.

Anybody have a recommendation for a compact, outdoor cover for intermittent use? I don't think heat resistance will be an issue since most storms move thru in the afternoon and the pipes will be cool.
Bike is an 800 classic, sometimes with a MS fats windshield but usually not.
Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would just Google motorcycle covers. There are a lot of them out there.
I carry a half cover. Very lightweight, stores easily, and is "water resistant"

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have an 800 classic and use this cover in Large, covers completely over the bike with a windshield and luggage rack on the sissy bar. It works so far and at the on sale price I'm not too concerned about the life span of it. Also, it fits well into the draw string bag and takes up less space than a hoodie in the saddle bags.

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Motorcycle-Cover

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
40% chance of showers does that mean 60% chance of sunshine? or is it a mixed bag of otter bad weather?

ya, kno them climate changers are responsible for all this weather we been havin lately. an that treasoner mr. algore he done sold out to Al Geeriz, so now theyr predicting some perty nasty weather seeing they hate US so much..

Yanks, ya need to be nott electing so many demon cratts, they promise you the country bank for yor vote and when they deliver its just yor money theyr giving some of it back.. some of it... friggen weather, move south, vote secession. ponchout

btw, KB, which half the skoot do you kover?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You always cover the top half silly!?

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Here ya go !!!

Pick your size ...

Water resistant is the truth...
Ain't none of em "waterPROOF" no matter what they claim...

Best I have found...
And NOT the most expensive !!!
:cool:

Luckymann77

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Hard to tell how small they all roll up from a website. I'll look into em all!

Ponch no its sunshine all day till a blob moves thru in 15 minutes dropping a quarter inch of rain. Somehow that's 40%... Yeah I spect ole algore sent em too! Anyway rain makes corn corn makes whiskey...

Can't move south yet cuz a family but I think retirement will land us between/in TN and tejas. Durn long time away for me tho!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
always cover the top half silly!?
thata be like see you runnin around with just a top shirt on and no pance..:eek:

now I gotta get that image out of my head.. :skeleton:shake, :skeleton:shake,:skeleton: shake:knife::gun:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ponch no its sunshine all day till a blob moves thru in 15 minutes dropping a quarter inch of rain. Somehow that's 40%... Yeah I spect ole algore sent em too! Anyway rain makes corn corn makes whiskey... Can't move south yet cuz a family but I think retirement will land us between/in TN and tejas. Durn long time away for me tho!
between? perzactly watt did you do? that yor not welcome either those places?
thata put you in Ar'kansas.. nott too shabby if you don't mind chiken ranches. lotts of hills n fishing holes. good riding and fishing.. bring some that whiskey. ponchout

1 - 9 of 9 Posts