Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bit of research looks like the +1 front pulley is no longer made for the V2K which sucks for two reasons.

#1 reason. I run a car tire and a inside the fender hitch and if were not for the 33 tooth pulley I would not have enough clearance between the tire and hitch . So when my pulley wears out I'm back to MTs and crappy tire life.

#2 reason A buddy of mine wants to put a CT on his V2K and he has a hitch as well. He has a different brand of hitch so he may get lucky and not need a 33 tooth pulley but just by looking at it I'm guessing he will.

Anyone have a good 33 tooth front pulley they want to sale or have a lead on where a guy can still get them?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't understand how the front pulley has anything to do with tire/hitch clearance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bigger pulley takes up more belt so when adjusted the axel will sit a little bit forward of what it would with the OEM pulley which in turn pulls the rear tire forward and away from the hitch

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh, ok. Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You can fix that with a different size tire. What are you running now?

If you are running a 205/60 you can go to a 205/55 and reduce your sidewall height by 11mm. Is that enough clearance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts