Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just did Seattle-Vegas-Salt Lake-Rexburg-Eugene-Seattle in 6 days. I came back and realized I’m pushing 30k! It’s a stock ‘07 with no mods.

So I’ve got the manual and the maintenance schedule. Anything you guys recommend that Kawasaki didn’t put in there?

I’m planning oil/filter/air/brake fluid and spark plugs. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yup... I LOVE my Beast, so easy to work with.

I getting up to 40K miles very soon, should get there during the up coming fall trip.

I will get into the steering bearings and thinking I should look into lubing the swingarm.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Rear spark plug is a bear...... small hands and lots of swearite required..... lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll add coolant. Does the V2k just use plain ethyl-glycol? I’ve got a 55g drum of green... and 30g of Dexcool I’ll never use...

I love this bike. I was involved in a accident on it that hasn’t been settled yet, so I’m not doing any upgrades. I expect to get a salvaged title when all is said and done, and when I do the $ will go towards 2 things-

1. Vulcan S Cafe for daily duties (unless I find a suitable Meanstreak or M109R)

2. Tear the V2k apart, paint all painted surfaces candy orange (or 2tone red, eggshell), plus frame (thanks meanstreak) and black out some chrome, replace or repair ( and paint) handbags, add new exhaust, and polish all the chrome bits. This won’t be my daily anymore, it’ll be my weekend trip bike)

Spark plugs don’t sound fun, but I’ve spent over a decade wrenching on European cars so hopefully it’s easier than my usual ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
When I checked the rear plug it was easy just lifting the tank a bit, takes all the hassle out of it. I did not figure that one out, just passing along good advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts