Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy and I just came back from 3000 mile trip on our beasts. This is his first motorcycle but he is 6'9" and the bike fits him well. He has some trouble in parking lots but not when he is up to speed. I have been riding for some time and am only 5'7" so I look small on the beast. The bike with a few modifications was great for the long trip. We travelled through the mountains of colorado, through Utah to Vegas and back without travelling on the interstate other than a couple of short stretches. Through the mountains and canyons of Colorado and Utah the bike handled without a problem. I could really ride aggressively when I wanted while my friend cruised along. The changes to the bike were as follows; Mustang seat with backrest, an absolute must and even that was pretty hard on the butt after about day 6. The stock seat would have been impossible. Lowers and crash bar covers, these worked great to eliminate any wind buffetting and keeping me dry during two rainstorms. Breakaway throttle locks were essential for the long stretches. They worked great except for mine didn't like the rain. We utlized Scala G4 comm devices and if you haven't used these before they are amazing. I certainly think there may be better ones out there but ours worked great. You can talk back in forth like your riding together in a car . The VN2000 was great for the trip and I would leave tomorrow if I could but we both felt like the new voyager may be better if you were going to mainly tour. However, I loved pushing through the mountain roads with my beast and would recommend it to anyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts