Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading some old threads about connecting the iphone 6 to the 3.5 jack so I can listen to my playlist. Someone posted about the 30 pin lightning connector and I looked it up but I'm not sure exactly how to use this with the 3.5 jack that I would normally use to connect the iphone. Is there another adapter used to then connect the iphone 6 with the 30 pin to the 3.5 jack? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I skipped the iPod connector and just used the bluetooth plug from vulcantunes.com.

I had also bought one of the 3.5mm jacks they sell for when I was connecting in my GPS or little satellite radio receiver.

Still going strong, when I’m home and have time to ride :-(

·
Registered
701 Posts
Dont know why you'd go back to the ipod connection,
when you have a better lightening connection on your phone, or even the headphone connection!!
Or better yet bluetooth.

What is it you want to accomplish?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont know why you'd go back to the ipod connection,
when you have a better lightening connection on your phone, or even the headphone connection!!
Or better yet bluetooth.

What is it you want to accomplish?
I just got a voyager 1700 and am trying to play music from my phone on the bikes stereo. The only way i know to do this is to use the 3.5mm jack on the phone and plug it into the male 3.5 jack from Kawasaki to the radio. Is there another way that I don't know about?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. I was unaware of this part. Looks like I need to buy a cheap gen 4 Ipod and the Kawasaki part and I'm good to go.
You can use this kit with the 30 pin to Lighting adapter, but as I recall on my newer Ipod it didn't charge. Everything else worked. I just have an older Ipod with the 30 pin connector and it's dedicated to the Voyager.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts