Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a drag specialties rear signal light. I didn't know until it arrived that it is a 3 wire, dual filament light. I looked for some info online but couldn't find any, but I'm unsure if this means its a break/turn, or running/turn light. Does it matter which one it is? Is a 1157 type bulb. Also, anyone can guide me on the wiring for the cables? There is a red, black and black with white strip. The obvious one is the red, but what about the others. Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
running/turn.
I spliced the red into my tag light wire for the running and the black/black-white is turn.
If they do not have red lenses, you need to change them out to red.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Your tail light is an 1157 dual-filament bulb. I would do either run/turn (if you need turn signals) or do run/brake (if you have turn signals). the dual filament is a low and bright. bright being the brake or turn signal and low the running light.

So if you were to hook up brake and turn, then one would be a low glow and they would then always be "off" until you hit the brake or put on the turn signal.

Check with your local laws as well. here in PA to have running lights in the rear they have to be red. front can be amber along with the normal headlight.

If you are going to use them in place of your turn & brake light you may need to get a special module that will make them operate as run/turn/brake (I believe Kuryakyn sells one)

btw the one wire is always ground

1 - 5 of 5 Posts