Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm bring something that has already been discussed, but I am going to install new turn signals. The new ones are 3 wire since they will it will also act as a indicator light when the turn signals are not in use. I was wondering where to tap into for this third wire for constant power. Should I use one of the aux power wires that are located behind the head lamp?

Any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
171 Posts
You'll need to tap into the signal wire for the blinker l on that side for it to act as a blinker. Check the existing blinkers and see what color the third wire is (typically the power is red and ground is black, signals are usually blue or green or yellow or something like that) and tap into that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is currently a 2 wire signal. I have already swapped all the lights on the rear of the bike out. just wondering what is the best wire on the front of the bike to use to tap the 3rd wire into for constant power. I would clearly use the turn signal wire for the turn signal

·
Registered
653 Posts
After you install the accessory relay near the front sprocket, there's 2 Black/yellow bullet outlets behind the headlight.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
before you start wiring, i would suggest that you look at the wiring diagram on a Kawasaki Service Manual, if you don't have that manual already, then get one

·
Registered
8 Posts
He’s right I also suggest using a test light I went off color and blew a fuse had to go back and redo the front and the back.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something.
The front ones are three wires BECAUSE one wire is ground, one wire is power, and one wire is the signal/blinker.
Why are you looking elsewhere for power?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems your clueless. Stock is only 2 wire. 3 wire turn signals are for duel turn signal(white light when not activating directional signal). You have to have a constant power source so the light is lit all the time, then you have your turn signal that activates. Ended up tapping into the parking light wiring for constant power. Not an issue since I am only using led lights everywhere on the bike now, so not overdrawing power

1 - 9 of 9 Posts