Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pressure are you running in the front tire of your Voyager (I have a 2013 model)? The manual calls for 28 psi, but at that pressure the front wheel falls into turns especially at slow speeds. It's much better at 32 psi or higher. This is the lowest front tire pressure I have ever had on any of my bikes. Just wondering what others think?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Higher pressures as per the tire sidewall (not the manual) will result in better handling and prevents cupping of the tread. Every previous heavy cruiser I've had required over 32 LBS.

The only draw back I've noticed to running 32 to 36 LBS is that I get more clunking from the front end of my 1700 from potholes and other road irregularities.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, it seems the 28 is just to smooth out the ride some, but I agree all of my previous touring bikes were around 36.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I run 38 in the front and 40 in the rear. 28 will not only trash your front tire but will cause a front end wobble. The only good thing about 28 pounds is it delivers a good soft test ride.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Right now with the new ME 888 on the rear I am running 36 front, 38 rear.... feels like I am locked on the road....

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Running 38 psi front and 44 psi rear in my Commander IIs on my 2011 Vaquero.

:D

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I run 36 front and put Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators and new Springs up front to compensate. The 28 PSI recommendation is because the front suspension can't compensate for all road imperfections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts