Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about investing in one...I want to hear from people who actually had one installed on their vn 900 customs.........hows the ride and is it worth the money? for me this would be a VERY big investment so I dont wanna second guess myself......thanks in advance :).

·
Registered
719 Posts
I rode a Custom with a 240 and bought a 200 for mine. Maybe it was because I wasn't familiar with the 240 but it was a handful to throw over in backroad twisties. The 200 was similar, a tad harder than the stock Lop to lean fast, but after a few minutes I didn't notice the wider tire. If you like to play on the backroads (I frequently ride with a bunch of sportbikes) I wouldn't recommend a 240.

·
Registered
66 Posts
well i bought the bike like that. But i think he put it on the stock rim. And i feel the ride real smooth honestly.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you think the looks is worth $2500+ then go for it. I ride a lot so I don't think its worth it for me so I upgraded to a 200 on the rear. If you read reviews most people who have upgraded are more just to show off but most complain on the comfort level and the change in stability.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info.... over all I like to ride a little hard, I ride some back roads, so having that control is important, I aready have the rake on it, I dont wanna take to much more away from the ride, over all I like the ride! just think the look is a little lame.......I know for sure I dont wanna keep the stock rim, maybe I'll got with the 210 tire and the 17inch rim...for some reason the SALES guy thinks its 6 in one hand and a half dozen in another.....so I was second guessing myself and I definetly dont want buyers remorse if Im goin to put out that type of money if ya know what I mean...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts