Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really considering making the 240 kit from meancycles my winter project. ive been browsing their site and have found all the componets. i orignally thought the kit came with everthing it shows in their video on youtube, but after reading the kit only includes the wheel tire and rear pulley. the fender and seat are seperate i added everything to the cart and final total was 2,409 prolly another 2 for paint. i know it looks really good and i wont be able to ride 2 up which i dont very much anyways. anyone have this? is it worth it? what does everyone think. i dont think it would be a bad way to spend my tax return lol

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
thats a lot of cake for a tire and rim, if you ride a custom, i would be going the route of the 230 upgrade, you have to alter the splash guard and belt guard and cover a little.
Do a search on here, there is a really good writeup by gillisfire at this thread

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13756

and pics ...

Want to dress up your rims,, "bigsarge" on here had his chromed for a real reasonable price .... PM him and Im sure he will give you the details.

No fender or seat change required ..... just think, with all the dough you save, you will be able to buy us all a beer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive thought of that but i ride a classic and would have problems with the back fender. im not a big fan of the 230s its too small a rim for so much tire

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey I'm not trying to tell ya exactly what to do. But you can buy the Sumo-X kit and which is a 240 rim/tire kit and that fender from Sumo-X allows you to ride 2 up. Just a thought. I'm thinking of doing that myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im over the fat tire kit its too much money. im thinking of getting the air ride system off mean cycles but i know the company that makes it went out of business so im worried about busting the bag or something messing up and not being able to get replacement parts. who knows what i want to do i change my mind every day

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone interested in a sumo x 17" 210mm rear rim and pulley. I bought this combo but decided to stay stock, got a stock rim very cheap.

·
Registered
183 Posts
How much are you asking for it?

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
Pros: Awesome kit, looks great and handles fine
Cons: The price & minor clearance issues (easily fixed)

But be prepared for a lot of attention, got the 240kit and eveywhere I go there is always somebody with a question or compliment.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
did you buy it from mean cycles ?
Yup, everything on the bike (except exhaust bought locally) was purchased from meancycles. The 240kit, fender, seat, barons big air, lic plate/taillight setup....etc. was worth every penny imho. Bike gets noticed thats for sure :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts