Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rear pully? Don't know of anyone that has done it. Front pully doesn't work since it is larger and moves the tire forward. I think the rear pully is smaller so I would think it may give a little extra room. But again, I don't know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re; Pulley (Pulleys)

I gleaned this from KawasakiMotorcycle.org....

230 tire can be used w/o pulleys

230 tire can be used with rear pulley (tire moved back 1 1/4 -1 1/2")

230 tire can be used with both pulleys

230 tire CANNOT be used with front pulley (dangerous rubbing)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I gleaned this from KawasakiMotorcycle.org....

230 tire can be used w/o pulleys

230 tire can be used with rear pulley (tire moved back 1 1/4 -1 1/2")

230 tire can be used with both pulleys

230 tire CANNOT be used with front pulley (dangerous rubbing)
"230 tire can be used with both pulleys

230 tire CANNOT be used with front pulley (dangerous rubbing)"

Is it just me or this a little contradictory? I would really like to know if the rear pulley can be used because I have a 230 rear tire and it would still help alot on the hi-rev issue.

Do it and fill us in on the results. I'll be the next one to try it out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
208 Posts

"Is it just me or this a little contradictory?"

He is saying that with the 230 set up that:

Yes you can use the rear pully only (moves tire back lowering rpm)

Yes you can use the rear pully and the front pully together (tire stays in original position but lowers rpm)

No you can not use the front pully only (moves tire forward causing rub making bike go crash boom bang)

·
Registered
424 Posts
"230 tire can be used with both pulleys

Is it just me or this a little contradictory? I would really like to know if the rear pulley can be used because I have a 230 rear tire and it would still help alot on the hi-rev issue.

Do it and fill us in on the results. I'll be the next one to try it out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
The front pulley is a larger circumference thus pulls the tire forward, a 230 tire will rub on the swing arm and mud guard.
The rear pulley is a smaller circumference thus pulls the tire back.
When used together they equal out and the tire remains centered and away from the swing arm.
And yes I know this for a fact. I have both.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bytehead: ur right

I should have been more detailed. The reason I am going with the rear pulley (and have ordered) is because the pulley will move the tire more to the rear and provide room for 230 if lowering 2", better mileage and know doubt aesthetics. I am not saying that it my intention ov lowering, but option is there. I like the Metz 200 and am going to run it for awhile. Just going to take it a step @ a time ($).

A competitor likes the look ov our Customs (nice Blackline).

Also, for some that have had issue with Scootworks, I ordered a week ago, and because ov those issues I e-mailed them this afternoon re; shipping date. I got a response within 50 minutes. Shipping clerk e-mailed saying that they were a little behind...it will be on dock by end ov week and he will e-mail tracking #.

Guess we'll C.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I should have been more detailed. The reason I am going with the rear pulley (and have ordered) is because the pulley will move the tire more to the rear and provide room for 230 if lowering 2", better mileage and know doubt aesthetics. I am not saying that it my intention ov lowering, but option is there. I like the Metz 200 and am going to run it for awhile. Just going to take it a step @ a time ($).

A competitor likes the look ov our Customs (nice Blackline).

Also, for some that have had issue with Scootworks, I ordered a week ago, and because ov those issues I e-mailed them this afternoon re; shipping date. I got a response within 50 minutes. Shipping clerk e-mailed saying that they were a little behind...it will be on dock by end ov week and he will e-mail tracking #.

Guess we'll C.
I assume you went for the shinny one on a custom I WOULD :D
I can tell you the rear pulley will make both the 200 and 230 look much more pleasing, the empty space between the tire and fender is gone. And you should be aware it will change your speed o, with the 200 already and the pully you will be at -7.23 overdrive, or so says gearingcommander.com, This will make your speed o change along with the obo. Just check it against a known unit, will probably be showing on the low side of actual. Just be aware of it so as not to see bright lights behind you. :mad:

I will not bore you with my tales of ScootWorks but good luck with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts