Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you Vulcan GURU's... Can a 230 rear tire fit on a (my) 900 Classic if i lower it 2" and take off the inner mud guard? I was going to go with the 200 but IF the 230 will work, well, Just look at all the sweet customs with this mod... I'm all over it!!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey all you Vulcan GURU's... Can a 230 rear tire fit on a (my) 900 Classic if i lower it 2" and take off the inner mud guard? I was going to go with the 200 but IF the 230 will work, well, Just look at all the sweet customs with this mod... I'm all over it!!!! Thanks!!!
Keep me posted cause I don't want to drop 2G's on a 240kit. I was thinking maybe a 210 fat tire that bulges out a bit.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a custom with a 230 and I have heard the classic fender is to narrow for the 230. I have a friend with a classic and I didn't measure his but the 200 fills the fender pretty good and the 230 is an inch wider so I don't think it will work

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a custom with a 230 and I have heard the classic fender is to narrow for the 230. I have a friend with a classic and I didn't measure his but the 200 fills the fender pretty good and the 230 is an inch wider so I don't think it will work
Well I'm getting rid of the fender. So a 230 will fit? Cause a 240 needs the kit w a new swing arm correct? You got a pic of it w a 230? Also you need a new rim for the 230? I know they sell the fatter tire that bubbles out. Making my Christmas list any info would be great. Thanks

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought you said you were getting rid of inner fender. If you aren't changing the actual rear fender of the bike I don't think it will fit, that's what has been posted here many times anyway. On the custom you have to trim or remove the inner fender and trim or remover the lower belt shield. The Avon 230 that everyone does will fit on the stock custom rear rim, I am assuming the classic is the same size, but I don't know. I would consider the Avon to be the tire you describe as bubbling out. I don't like the side view as much as I do the rear view but it's better than dropping major money on a 240 kit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I thought you said you were getting rid of inner fender. If you aren't changing the actual rear fender of the bike I don't think it will fit, that's what has been posted here many times anyway. On the custom you have to trim or remove the inner fender and trim or remover the lower belt shield. The Avon 230 that everyone does will fit on the stock custom rear rim, I am assuming the classic is the same size, but I don't know. I would consider the Avon to be the tire you describe as bubbling out. I don't like the side view as much as I do the rear view but it's better than dropping major money on a 240 kit.
I'm actually getting rid of the whole rear fender. I'm doing a bobber kit. The whole rear tire will be exposed.
I may do a fiberglass job on the little mud flap and give it a nice paint job.
It will look a bit like this guys but with a twist.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you are removing the fender completly, you should have no issues with it fitting (just the mud flap and belt guard mod) If you are planning to keep the fender, then the 230 will rub on the side walls of the fender. I have plenty of pics of the 230 on customs and a how to write up. Just do a search for 230 club.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, thanks fro all the input. Looks like I'll either get a new fender and avon 230 or keep my fender, drop 2", and put a 200 on it.... I appreciate the advice..

·
Registered
274 Posts
look at my posts of my bike lowered 3 inches with the 200 and the mud guard off with britt rear fender

·
Registered
223 Posts
How's the handle with a 230? I hear it's difficult to make turns.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
208 Posts
How's the handle with a 230? I hear it's difficult to make turns.

Not difficult at all. Yes at first it may fill a little different then stock, but not bad at all. Plus the added stability at slow speeds is also a big plus. I am a 230 lover and LOVE the looks and handleing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You mind me asking how much was it to do a 230? I'm about done with all my mods. Just got my powerC3 my pipes should be here this week. Just put new front turn signals. Bobber kit is nov project I'm thinking 230 will be my new year project. I'm still looking for black metal turn signals for the rear. I keep finding them in plastic.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
208 Posts
The cost varies on the price you pay for the tire and the amount your charged for mounting. Rite now Rocky mountain Atv has the 230 listed for $221.99 which is a great price. Add about another fourty to fifty for mounting and thats about it. Unless you have to buy some more tools. You always need to buy new tools, at least that is what I tell my wife.

Also, look hear for some info on this mod

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15233

1 - 13 of 13 Posts