Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, how many members have the Avon 230 installed. I know there is not to many of us, it's our own little club. Lets see a show of hands.

:waving: I got one and Love it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
As of now I am a 230 groupie :D

I will get a lowing kit and 230 this spring. Its on the top of my Mod list.

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1

I have the 230 on with a 2 inch drop and love it !!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's pretty cool to see everyone that has this mod. It's one of the better mods that makes these bikes look so much better. (In my opinion anyway)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Once the stock tire is off and the 230 installed, set them back side by side. When the stock 180 is not on the rim it looks real small next to that 230.

My next mod is coming, the Avon 41 Venom 90/90-21 front tire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
New to the forum and to Vulcan ownership. Just bought an 09 SE and the tires were worn out. The 230 should be here on Wednesday and the lowering kit on Tuesday. Like the looks of the 230 hope I like how it handles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will notice some handling difference. That tire likes to go straight so turning is a little more work. But after a couple rides, it will feel normal. And it looks so good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope everyone doesn't mind if I save your pics. I was thinking about making a photobucket with them so people with questions can take a look at them all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rather new to the forums, bought a Salvage 900 custom and have been following all the great things you are doing to your bikes. They all look great!

I am in need of a new back tire and I really like the wide tire look sooooo I will have one put on next week with a 2" lowering kit at the same time. Will post pics when done so you can add to your album.

Morningstar

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok.. not wanting to spawn another 230 tire thread I thought I would update ths one. Just put on my 230 tire ths evening, 250.00 installed.

Work performed by a club memeber of one of my customers. He stated to me he never balanced a tire but they all ride HD's and I can understand why however I feel it needs balancing. Any truth to ths or am I just over thinking it? I feel a bit of a bounce.

Also I get some belt whine on decelerating I think he might have the belt too tight! Any seasoned riders out there got a comment? I should have my lowering kit from Scootworks this week so I will have to remove the tire once again to install it.

Morningstar

1 - 20 of 228 Posts