Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
That looks good. Does the 230 allow you not to have to shave anything like the 240 does?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I weigh only about 140lbs and hasn't rubbed a bit. But it is close with it lowered 2". Haven't cut or notched anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just installed the Avon 230 and lowered the bike 2". Looks a lot better. Best $400 spent so far. Makes the 180 tire look really small.

Your timing is perfect. I was just thinking about fitting one of these tyres to my Classic and thought I'd see if any one here had already fitted one.

I'm just trying to locate one here in Australia, if not I'll hve to import one from the US, but that takes ages.

Well Done.

PS. Could you post a pic of your old tyre next to the bike so I can see the difference between them?

Mike

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is that just a clear brake light lens or did you get the LED board too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
I just fitted my 230/60-15 Avon Tyre to my Classic today. It looks great. I'll take it for a ride tonight. It's to hot here now, 40 DegC (about 100 F).
I had to remove the plastic inner guard between the tyre and the frame, as it was going to rub.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Pics look good, but those drop down ads on Photobucket are freakin irritating.

So anyhow what is the maximum size tire that can be done without removing anything. Cuz I don't like having to remove stuff that was deemed to be necsasarry like plastic inner guards. Just seems like a wasy for water to get to places it don't belong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't take anything off my bike. Mine lowered the 2" also. If your bike isn't lowered then you shouldn't have any issues with the 230.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The 230 looks indeed awesome, no questions there.

How does it perform? Do you guys get better stability? Does it feel cushier that the stock tire?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Feels pretty much the same. I can tell a little difference when riding slow. When your turning mostly. I'm only 5'4 so being lowered really helped me out!

·
Registered
270 Posts
How about a side photo? what kind of pipes you running? air kit?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was wondering if a 200/70 size would work on a stock classic rim without clearance issues. Sounds like there is no problem. Do not need a tire yet but it appears the 180/70 is a bit rare plus the 200 helps with the speedo error. The 230's do look good but a bit much for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts