Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......I don't think I ever intended to do this, but with an upcoming tire change I will have tried three different tire sizes and tires on my 08 Custom. When I bought it in April 2011 it still had the factory 80/90-21 and I rode with that until April of this year when it needed to be replaced. At this point I wanted to change sizes to the 90/90-21 to stop the front end from chasing cracks as well as add traction as I ride a lot of dirt roads, so I went with the Metzler Tourance. I noticed an improvement in the front end not chasing cracks, but no real traction improvement. Fast forward to today and the Tourance is at the end of its life and I needed another option especially when I burned through a $150 tire in 6 months. Luckily I happen to troll a local auction companies website and was able to purchase a Dunlop Elite 3 120/70-21 for $55. So, then plan is to swap out the new tire within the next few weeks and I'll be able to compare all three for those interested.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
Hmm i wanna see how that 120 fits on there.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Doubt it will fit under the guard.. but I am going on the way my 800 is set up.. then there is the tyre width to rim width ratio ???

Post up pics when you can, Interested to see how it looks and performs .. Thks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention I've been running no front fender since I went to the 90/90-21 Tourance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
120/70-21 Installed

Here are the pics of the 120/70-21 installed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts