Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been drooling over pictures of vintage style choppers and I have decided I would like to try and get a 21" after market Harley wheel to fit the 900.

Is there anyone who has any information on how to complete this? I know it has been done before as I did a preliminary search on the forums, but the few posts I did find had very little information on how this was actually done.

I know that the bearings would need to be replaced with ones that have the same 20mm bore size as our axles. This is not a difficult thing to accomplish. I also know that there would need to be custom spacers used to to get the wheel centered in the forks. This is also not a hard thing to do.

Skootworks made a kit to do this exact thing for the 800. Link here. -------> Link

They no longer make the rotor adapter for this kit, but that is OK as I think that large chunk of billet would no look very good with the wire wheel. They do however still have the wheel spacers.

From the measurements I have taken from a stock Harley narrow glide Sportster wheel, it is just slightly narrower then the stock 900 Custom wheel. This leads me to think I could either have a spacer milled to move the rotor out buy a few mm or put spacers on the caliper mount to move it more inboard to the wheel.

I know I can have a stock 900 Classic hub re laced to a 21" spoke wheel but that is very expensive ($800). New all chrome wheels can be purchased for less that $200 online.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's a sweet look for sure. The fender in the pic looks unique and very custom too. I have the bigger 90/90-21 Avon coming in, I'm going to need to do something.

Keep us posted on your progress if you decide to go that way. I'm heading to a cycle bone yard to hopefully look at some other options than the plastic short custom fender.

Peace!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would really like to see more pictures of this bike. I've searched all over and can't find very many classics with this look. I'm a big fan of the "gangster" style and I'm thinking of going that direction with my LT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts