Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
What happened to torque down the axle, pinch bolt, handlebars, fender bolts, and everything else he used an impact gun on. The manufacturer puts torque values on fasteners for a reason. Wouldn’t want him working on my bike.

PS: Thanks as always Tripp for posting the videos.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hmm, watching that guy assemble a motorcycle with an impact wrench. 🙄 Now I understand why they want you to bring the bike back for a first inspection and tightening of bolts, after that nutty way of putting it together. Can you buy a new bike in the crate, so you can put it together yourself?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmm, watching that guy assemble a motorcycle with an impact wrench. 🙄 Now I understand why they want you to bring the bike back for a first inspection and tightening of bolts, after that nutty way of putting it together. Can you buy a new bike in the crate, so you can put it together yourself?
That's a really good question. Years ago it was common to do that. I think today it might void your warranty or go against their insurance policy. Bleh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm, nope. Don't want that bike. And if I decide to buy one, I'll ask the dealer to guarantee the bolts are torqued.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts