Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking high and low for Vance& Hines slipons for a 2018 Vaquero but they seem to stop making them in 2014 for this model, is this indeed the case? Was planning to Ivanize soon then add some slip ons. I wonder if the O2 sensor was a new introduction to the 2015 models and up that seems to be the fitment issue. Ivan has removed the O2 sensor so I guess I.m looking for Ideals.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have been looking high and low for Vance& Hines slipons for a 2018 Vaquero but they seem to stop making them in 2014 for this model, is this indeed the case? Was planning to Ivanize soon then add some slip ons. I wonder if the O2 sensor was a new introduction to the 2015 models and up that seems to be the fitment issue. Ivan has removed the O2 sensor so I guess I.m looking for Ideals.
V&H slipons for any year Vaq / Voyager / Nomad will do the job. You don't need the O2 sensor bung at all with Ivan's re-flash.

Since you're Ivanizing first, just disconnect the sensor and tie the wire up somewhere. I recall Ivan suggesting that the O2 sensor was useless anyway, since it's so far down the pipe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What Peg said..

After you Ivanize, you don't need the O2 sensor...
Remove it completely and screw in a bolt (12mm if i remember correctly) in the place of the sensor.
Obviously it's a personal preference, but see if you can find someone with the slipons already installed and go for a quick ride...
I have removed mine after couple of weeks... found them too loud/tiring on longer rides...but they sound pretty awesome.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Since 2015 they have the O2 sensor in the right exhaust. The Vance & Hines dont have a bung for it, so you wont find any exhaust of them for the later models, BUT as stated before, when IVANIZED, you dont need that sensor. The exhaust will fit any model years - alle are the same, except for the O2 sensor.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you go back to stock? I was looking at Cobra slipons where everyone said they sounded nice but not to loud.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you go back to stock? I was looking at Cobra slipons where everyone said they sounded nice but not to loud.
Yes, I did go back to the stock pipes, and I guess that's it for now, unless I see and hear Cobra or anything else in person.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Cobra Slip Ons. They're not too loud at all. I think it sounds really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts