Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Shocks: I have a 2018 Voyager for I purchased new, and one of my military buddies has a 2012 Voyager. Trying to find out the reason no air staying in chamber. Manual states that the max air pressure should not exceed 43psi. Placed 40psi in shocks within less than a minute all pressure had escaped on both bikes and rear tire was off the ground with center support per owners manual. My bike should be under warranty, and do have a 5 year extended warranty beyond factory warranty. Does anyone know of any rebuild for the rear shocks? Thank you. Airborne.gds...

·
Registered
646 Posts
My guess would be using a compressor. Once the seal is blown, the OEM shocks won't hold air any more, and they're not serviceable. Gadget has a guide for oil replacement for Vulcan air shocks, which is about as close as you'll get to the inside of them. I've done that on my Nomad and on my Voyager for a slightly smoother ride... Aftermarket shock replacement was the best solution, IMHO.

If you go with OEM through warranty replacement, only add air using a lossless pump designed for that job.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Put up a post... go to work. Get home 8 or 9 hours later, and I'm still the most recent post. This forum really is doomed eh? I see all sorts of angst over some proposed changes, but it's all just moving the deck-chairs really.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Put up a post... go to work. Get home 8 or 9 hours later, and I'm still the most recent post. This forum really is doomed eh? I see all sorts of angst over some proposed changes, but it's all just moving the deck-chairs really.
What's the point in trying to help these folks when they never return to the thread they started?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It sounds probable that you shot too much air too fast into the shocks and the seal was blown. Or perhaps the valves were bogus to begin with. I'd sure start with the factory warranty as first step. I got a shock pump on Amazon for like 23 bucks that I use. I also use it on the tires. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts