Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The above mentioned mods have been accomplished. Plus a new Corbin seat, windshield, luggage rack/backrest, and soft luggage stays. Total extra cost ~$1500, bought this new bike as a leftover for $6700. So all in ~$8200.
Compared to stock - there is no comparison! This is a much more usable, comfortable bike. I can now run 70mph and not cringe. (Not sure how far off the Speedo is with these mods)
Would I do it again? Absolutely!
Can't seem to figure out how to attach a photo here or I would...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice lookin bike, what did you mean by “I can do 70 and not cringe?” I ride a vn750 and I like the look of the 900 as well, I know the bikes handle a little different but was curious what you meant. The 750 is happy at 70mph.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got it! And it's a shame! In my evaluation that I received from Kawasaki I detailed the - in my opinion - the simple solutions: change the gearing so that 75 mph is comfortable ( don't tell me it can't be done...), offer not only a "feet forward model" but a standard "legs underneath you" version, and raise the bike up an inch or two! Comfortable, stretch out seat - come on designers!
I still believe the perfect size motorcycle for a solo rider is in the 750 to 1000 cc range. Really like my Classic - now! But, if I could not have done what I did to it I would not have kept it. Kawasaki was close, but it shouldn't be that way. Build an all around standard motorcycle that's comfortable! Is that too much to ask? With engineering and technology as it is today - I'll quote the Seabees moto "Can do!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ivan Flash

When I looked at Ivan's website, it said that flash was available for the 2006-2017 Vulcan 900. I assumed it meant that flash wasn't available for the 2018 or 2019 models as if Kawasaki had updated the ECU for those models and Ivan hadn't worked out an update for them. Does his flash for the 2006-2017 models work for the 2018 and 2019 models?

E. J.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
E.J.
Mine is a 2018 model. The reflash is the same. Send yours in to Ivan... You'll be happy that you did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick update... After all the changes listed above... I used my phone with a MPH app to check my true speed. At indicated on my bike's Speedo I'm traveling 65 mph BUT I'm really going 70 mph! At 70 - 75... I'm very happy with the vibration level at true 70! Comfortable... AND I'm about to make the final changes to my 900 - next week I'm installing a 170/80 - 15 rear tire which will lower my rpms another 3%. I know, already, that these changes will have transformed my stock 900 Classic from a limited use motorcycle to a do anything, go anywhere bike that will travel Superslab or back roads with equal ease.
For those of you disappointed in your 900's capabilities - don't give up!
For an additional ~$1750 - $500 for front/rear Baron gear pulleys, $350 for Ivan's reflash, $300 for a change of tires, and $550 for a new Corbin custom seat - it's all good...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts