Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2017 Voyager?

11K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  JeffMcClain 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when Kawasaki rolls out their next year models? I'm curious to see if there's any changes to the Voyager or if they're even going to make one for 2017. Thanks!

#4 ·
I wouldn't expect any changes other than maybe color. Wouldn't be surprised if they stop production before long. That is the norm for flagship motorcycles. Yamaha and Kawasaki do it more than any other. Then after a few years they bring out an entirely different motorcycle and call it the same thing.

#5 ·
I'd go further than that... I would bet good money that they never make any change to anything except color for the rest of the Voyager's (or the Vaq's) future. As much as we like it, it's never been enough of a world-beater for Kaw to spend any more significant money on it, and they clearly can't even be bothered to keep the accessory line going.

#9 ·
YES! The new 2017 Kawasaki bikes came out today (November 13th). Check the kawasaki site for info. The new colors for the Voyager are. . . (drum roll) gray or black (yawn). Not much new that I can find as far as improvements, etc. Dang, I wanted some excitement. Oh, well. Maybe next year. If the Cubbies could do it maybe Ma Kaw can, too. :)

#13 ·
I really think the Vaquero is topping the Voyager in color/stripes/etc... For sure in the last few years at least.

I liked the Green, the white, and now the red. The orange looked great too, but I wasn't a fan of the flames and orange together. Vaquero has some nice color set-ups for a bike in it's price range.

#15 ·
I find it amazing with 9 model years we still haven't had a green Voyager. The Vaq had that beautiful SE Edition in 2012 and the all green in 2015. The Nomad had the green also in 2012. The LT I believe had it one of the early years. My 1600 Nomad was beautiful and always drew compliments when people saw it. And who could forget that old '99 all dark green Nomad? Ma Kaw must know there is a segment waiting for a green Voyager. Alas, my 2015 with the thick green pinstripe is the closest we are going to get apparently. Some Team Green!

#16 ·
Was one of those wanting a green Voyager. Almost bought a '12 Vaquero SE, but couldn't justify having two of the same.

I would have embraced this color offering as well.

Now that I have experienced the versatility of the road glide ultra with all the OEM accessories available and the fit and finish, Kawasaki is going to have to do more than color to lure me back to Vulcan.

Still a fan of Kawasaki and glad to see them still competing in the sport and street adventure bikes. Sad that they are stagnant in sport touring, dual sports, and cruisers.

Reactions: Demoliton Man
#21 · (Edited)
If I hadn't just gotten a super sweet deal on a NEW IN BOX 2014 Red/Silver Voyager, I would have totally had to look at that Red Vaquero...

Anyone notice that Kawasaki didn't even shoot NEW pictures, they just photo shopped old ones with the new color. Sheeze. Not only do we not get any upgrades (like bluetooth radio for F!#$K sake), but they can't even be bothered to shoot new photo spreads for the new model year? Guess why should they when there is NOTHING different. Nice...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.