Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got home yesterday from a 120 mile ride on a 80 degree afternoon. 3200 miles on my Voyager purchased new in January. When I pulled into the garage I heard the radiator cooling fan making a labored noise. When I turned off the ignition, the fan motor made a not cool rackety noise as it turned off.

I took the bike out this morning and ran it down the freeway for 30 minutes. When I got home, same fan noise issue. I shut it off and then started it again. I let it run and this time the fan did not come on. When the temp gauge needle almost passed the last indicator mark before HOT I shut it off. Still no fan.

So let it cool and then drove it to the K dealer I bought it from. Hopefully warranty will make this all go away is good news. Bad news is that they said they are working 2 weeks out due to summer load but would look at it soon to order parts. Good news is that I am otherwise booked through end of July and really was not going to do much riding.

Anyone else had any cooling fan issues? I did not find much searching the archives. Will report back on the warranty aspect of what come down.

Ride safe and often Y'all!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
So I got home yesterday from a 120 mile ride on a 80 degree afternoon. 3200 miles on my Voyager purchased new in January. When I pulled into the garage I heard the radiator cooling fan making a labored noise. When I turned off the ignition, the fan motor made a not cool rackety noise as it turned off.

I took the bike out this morning and ran it down the freeway for 30 minutes. When I got home, same fan noise issue. I shut it off and then started it again. I let it run and this time the fan did not come on. When the temp gauge needle almost passed the last indicator mark before HOT I shut it off. Still no fan.

So let it cool and then drove it to the K dealer I bought it from. Hopefully warranty will make this all go away is good news. Bad news is that they said they are working 2 weeks out due to summer load but would look at it soon to order parts. Good news is that I am otherwise booked through end of July and really was not going to do much riding.

Anyone else had any cooling fan issues? I did not find much searching the archives. Will report back on the warranty aspect of what come down.

Ride safe and often Y'all!
No issues on my 1700,works as it should,some bad luck there but as u say,,,keep calm,better be covered

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I have not heard of anyone reporting the cooling fan going out. Hopefully the dealer can tell what went wrong after he takes a look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts