Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been nearly four months since my introductory post and since purchasing my new to me Vaquero, so here's what I've done to it so far. Slip streamer tinted wind screen, Krator black mirrors, Laverne lowering links, BDD luggage rack and a ebay chinese made tour pack. Still a lot more to do and hope you all like it so far, ride safe everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks nice! Did you lower both ends, or just the back?

Those 2016s are nice (I ought to know! :D)

How many miles are on it?

Also, I have leather lower covers for cold weather, highway pegs, and the auxiliary driving lights - all good things to think about for your bike; they've made mine more visible and comfortable for 3.5-season riding.

-John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks nice! Did you lower both ends, or just the back?

Those 2016s are nice (I ought to know! /forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif)

How many miles are on it?

Also, I have leather lower covers for cold weather, highway pegs, and the auxiliary driving lights - all good things to think about for your bike; they've made mine more visible and comfortable for 3.5-season riding.

-John

Thanks! It has a little over 10k miles and lowered 3/4 inch in rear only, I also plan on auxiliary driving lights and crash bar covers. Exhaust, air filter, Ivan's flash and handle bars are all on my list also. Saving $$$ for the high dollar items, I save on the labor doing it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the tour pack. I have the same bike I have been looking for ideas for something easy on and off.
I put it together not really intending to remove it often but pretty simple to remove with two people by just unscrewing the four 10mm bolts inside the side bags. The BDD luggage rack allows for about 3 inches forward and back adjustment, you'll have to get the case painted as it came black and make sturdy base plates for mounting.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice. I hope you don't mine I saved the pics of you bike :smile2:
With the lowering kit how it handles with 2up and on the corners?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. I hope you don't mine I saved the pics of you bike /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
With the lowering kit how it handles with 2up and on the corners?
With two up (310lbs combined) it handles as normal in turns but be aware the lean angle is shortened so you scrape the boards earlier than before. For me it's a trade off so I can have my feet flat and firmly planted on the ground while stopped.

·
Registered
476 Posts
With two up (310lbs combined) it handles as normal in turns but be aware the lean angle is shortened so you scrape the boards earlier than before. For me it's a trade off so I can have my feet flat and firmly planted on the ground while stopped.
This right here is why I'd consider lowering my Vaquero. Not for me - I'm OK riding one-up all day long, but when my kids get old enough to ride with me, I want to be 100% flat-footed at stops so I don't take unnecessary risks.

The only bagger I've sat on that I can flat-foot from the factory is a HD Ultra Limited Low. Every other bike would need to be lowered.

-John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts