Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking too try some rides on L.I. N.Y. STATE C.T. N.J., weekdays and weekends any takers? 65 to 200 miles one way SOUNDS NICE . WILL CHECK ON SUNDAY NIGHTS 7pm-9pm ED

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You can go to Bear Mountain which is upstate. I would go with you. Rides also depend on what you want to accomplish that day. I find it easy to find a restaurant somewhere and then ride out to it and by using Google Maps you can make your route in a way that it hits the most curves and least highway.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NY side it is. Where to meet and what time to meet? Do you want to try Thur 4/02/15 the weather upper 50,s sunshine all day if to cold to go north we can try Manorville, Bayville area off 25a between 106 and 107 a good ride can be had as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4/2/15 7am, going to check charger, oil, air in tiers and shocks. First day all things are looking good for a good ride. I wonder where the road will take me today

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from good 177 mile round trip, went to Southold L.I. picked up bread at Blue Duck Bakery, had ride and brick oven baked bread. All around a good day.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
NY side it is. Where to meet and what time to meet? Do you want to try Thur 4/02/15 the weather upper 50,s sunshine all day if to cold to go north we can try Manorville, Bayville area off 25a between 106 and 107 a good ride can be had as well.
I think that can work. Bayville area is also the best bet for a first time riding with new people. I have to play it by ear because of my job but I can be more certain when the day gets closer.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The 20th is good for me. I like to go on rides when there is less traffic. Leave around 10-11? As long as somebody else leads, we will be set. Meeting point depends on where we are going. But for Bear Mountain and Bayville, we can meet at the Burger King on Northern Blvd and Cross Island parkway. From that location, we have the ability to hop on the Cross Island, both North and South and then go to where the roads lead us.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4/20/15 Monday at 10am sounds like a plain. B.K. west of cross island on south side northern blvd is that correct?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK. How dose monday 4/6 sound, weather sunny 65 same time same place to meet? Yes short notice, but rain on and off rest of week and trying to ride when it looks good. Will check in between 7pm and 8pm to night, and Monday am if yes. Riding 2011 Nomad Blue and Silver.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out some new ways to bear mt. today roads look in good shape. Good ride about 170 miles round trip.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
getting a ride in today the weather is good and if out by 7:15am should be ahead of the crowed. will check in later today to see if sunday is good for you monday looks like rain all day.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts