Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an unusual problem.

When I set the turn signals to show a right turn, I end up with all 4 lights flashing. When I set the lights for a left turn, only the left ones blink.

Any ideas what's causing this?

·
Registered
381 Posts
My guess is that you have a bad (or wrong) bulb in the right front socket, connecting both contacts back feeding through the parking light circuit to feed the left side.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
687 Posts
What have you done recently to the bike? Everything was working fine and then all of a sudden this happened?

LED bulbs or incandescents?

Easy enough to isolate. Remove one right bulb and check. If all good, reinsert and then remove the other right bulb and check. (Ignore any hyperflash)
If culprit found, take suspected bulb and move to where the "good" bulb is on the right socket. Check again.
If it still does it, it's the bulb. If not, you may have a socket issue or a wiring issue.

I have an unusual problem.

When I set the turn signals to show a right turn, I end up with all 4 lights flashing. When I set the lights for a left turn, only the left ones blink.

Any ideas what's causing this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. I have a very badly corroded right rear turn signal. It looks like a lot of water got into it, and screwed everything up.

I appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts