Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get them at a decent price ? I have the grey coloured bike.

Looks like this morning my kid managed to smash it with his schoolbag or something, I am contemplating pulling it off and trying to fix it until I get the replacement. Its cracked till about an inch away from the other side. Its my daily ride, bought brand new with 0 miles last Jan and have over 15k miles on it right now so looks arent really a big deal until I can replace it.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
When I got my bike the previous owners wife had bumped the rear fender with her car and cracked it. I checked different shops and all wanted big money to get one and then pant it. I stopped by my local dealer to pick up oil and asked how much. I got the rear fender already painted ready to slap on for 200 bucks. I got lucky. Check your local dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
try cheapcycleparts.com .... key in your bike and it should give you the schematics, part numbers and price .... the other option may be flee-bay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Go to Home Depot and getting Oatey ABS cement (may have to order it depending on building codes in your area).

Clean the fender with soap and water then dry
Clean both sides of the crack and backside of fender with acetate.
Apply ABS cement to both sides of the crack
Apply cement over crack on backside of the fender.
Clean any excess cement up with a acetate damped shop towel.
Let it set

1 - 6 of 6 Posts