Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2014 Nomad, I had a 1500 Classic with all the chrome. 2014 is Blacked out, kinda like it. What's the feed back on this bike. Would like to hear from the experts.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looking at a 2014 Nomad, I had a 1500 Classic with all the chrome. 2014 is Blacked out, kinda like it. What's the feed back on this bike. Would like to hear from the experts.
The 1700's are like all Kawasaki's. They have their quirks but over all they are bullet proof.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have a 2013 nomad i bought 'new' back in may, the sixth gear(Over Drive) is real smooth once you get to it, 5th will go right through 65mph, 3rd and 4th are real torquey, 1st and 2nd leave more to be desired, but then a 800lb bike with a 200lb rider would take alot to move quickly from inertia, i love the bike, came from the 900, has the usual groan at about 30mph, gets 40 mpg's, break it in right, throttle gets better with a few thousand on her as does the seat.....ride on....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings,
Like you, had the 1500 Classic. I love the 1700's. Kawi reliability and value are bonuses in my book.

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
The Nomad is a phenomenal bike. I have over 10000 miles on mine since I bought it (14k total). The bike handles smooth, has plenty of power (after the intake/exhaust/tuner), and goes all day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't think you can go wrong with a Nomad, I have a 2011 and absolutely love it! The only thing I don't care for is the 5.3 gallon fuel tank, I am not ready to stop at 200 miles..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I absolutely love the 2014 Nomad. By far one of the nicest bikes that was produced for the Vulcan line up. I love the matt finish with the pearl white. Definitley a sexy bike.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
2010 nomad here,love this bike,rides like a caddy,runs great,don't look,buy,imo,even ride it with shorts on,heat not a problem
I agree with wally and hockey

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You're gonna love having electronic cruise control, a 6 speed transmission with two overdrives (6th gear really isn't usable until 60+. I only use it at interstate speeds; like most Kawasaki engines, they like to spin.) Kawasaki also makes some nice OEM saddlebags which you'll appreciate!

The 1700 line is a sweet, sweet bike. They run a little warm at low speeds on a hot day; like most big V-Twins. For some, that's such a big deal they just can't stand it and so they seek out something that runs cooler. For me, it's never really bothered me. I never ride in shorts; that's probably one contributing factor. Having some 'protection' from that heat helps. Also, staying out of traffic and keeping the throttle twisted keeps it cool too :)

Before you pull the trigger, consider the Vaquero or Voyager too. The same bike, but you get a fairing (and trunk in the Voyager case). The fairing makes the ride so much better. It's not a wind buffeting generating batwing, but an air slicing fairing that makes for one smooth and clean ride behind the bars. The stereo is nice. The Vaquero with a tall windshield is one ridiculously comfortable ride. With leftover deals around (and used deals), they can be affordable. Just something to consider. The Vaquero also has side opening bags instead of top opening, which I greatly prefer. But you might feel differently.

Not sure if the '14 Nomad has ABS or not. It's an option on the Vaquero and Voyager and now standard on both in '15.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts