Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1700 Nomad with low miles at a reasonable price. I am 6'2" and when I ride it (I also sat on a 2015 Voyager and felt the same) it seems like I am sitting too upright and my knees are almost hit by the handle bars. My arms are more bent at the elbows than I like as well.

Are there any adjustments that can be made to push the floor boards forward?

Would raising (or replacing) the handle bars help?

Any other suggestions?

This is a rather large bike, and I am surprised that I feel cramped on it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You can find seats that sit you a couple inches back.

This is one area where Victory shines with their long floorboards and adjustable handlebars.

Harley also sells different length and position brackets for floorboards, brake pedals, shifters, etc.

Not a lot of adjustment accessories for the Vulcans.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am 6'4 and 225lbs. I have a 2012 Nomad 1700 and don't feel crammed at all. I have highway pegs and Chuckster's risers and they seem to help a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am 6'4 and 225lbs. I have a 2012 Nomad 1700 and don't feel crammed at all. I have highway pegs and Chuckster's risers and they seem to help a lot.
Sportfan34, What size risers do you have?

Do they bring the bars closer or just higher?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sportfan34, What size risers do you have?

Do they bring the bars closer or just higher?
ProductDetail

These are what I have, the measurements are on the link.

I used to get pretty bad shoulder pain on longer rides. I installed the risers, which were very easy to do, and now I can ride 300+ miles with no issues what-so-ever.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I am just 6' and have to admit that when I first tried my 2012 Nomad I felt a little cramped. 14,000 klms later I love it, only adjustment was highway pegs for longer cruises.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Another 6'2"er here. I also feel cramped on the bike, but the handlebars are in a comfortable position for me. The position of my legs is where I feel cramped. That was resolved with highway pegs and a backrest. Now I can "spread out" when I need a better/different riding position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bike has highway pegs but I have only tested it on city streets.

Has anybody ridden a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1700? There is a 2012 with low miles available as well, I haven't test ridden this bike yet. My concern about it is that it is air cooled and I live in S Florida.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am just 6' and have to admit that when I first tried my 2012 Nomad I felt a little cramped. 14,000 klms later I love it, only adjustment was highway pegs for longer cruises.
Maybe I don't feel as crammed because my previous bikes were a GSXR-600 and a Honda Shadow 750. Backrest, risers, and highway bars and I can cruise til my heart is content.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts