Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a clicking or rattle sound coming from the front end of my 2013 Voyager. I rode it for a week and just couldn’t track it down. I finally found it and wanted to share in case others have this happen. The bolt that holds the top of the radiator had fallen out. Hard to spot, but I stumbled across it when I was working on the horn. Just FYI.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Also when it rattles there look at the plastic tank bib where it meets the tank under the key. That's where it normally is. The plastic vibrating on the tank. I just put two short pieces of the fuzzy side of Velcro on the tank so the plastic edge sits on it.

DSCN1631.jpg

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Also, the little chrome plastic rings around the gauges can rattle, The speaker covers can rattle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also when it rattles there look at the plastic tank bib where it meets the tank under the key. That's where it normally is. The plastic vibrating on the tank. I just put two short pieces of the fuzzy side of Velcro on the tank so the plastic edge sits on it.

View attachment 70090
I had the same experience. Relocated the foam rubber on the tank bib, and rattle was gone!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Voyager. My first rattle was the bolts from the front brake calipers fell out and the calipers were banging against the fender and rim. Needless to say, I was not happy! (BTW: The brakes would not fit between the rotors and the rim. No chance of locking up the front tire.)
The dealer has a new fender and rim on order. New bolts were put in and torqued. Everything else seems fine.

Chris

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Voyager. My first rattle was the bolts from the front brake calipers fell out and the calipers were banging against the fender and rim. Needless to say, I was not happy! (BTW: The brakes would not fit between the rotors and the rim. No chance of locking up the front tire.)
The dealer has a new fender and rim on order. New bolts were put in and torqued. Everything else seems fine.

Chris
Yep. The dealer installs the font wheel so it was definitely his employee. Hope you don't get your bike serviced there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts