Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but the 2013 models are out. Check out the new paint schemes and see what you think. I don't see anything that really impresses me. When I saw my 2009 900custom SE, I new it would be mine. The 2013 classic 900 is the only one I like in that sharp blue.

forgot the link!!
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2013models/2013-Kawasaki.htm

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not really sure I like any of the Customs. I know there are lots of folks that like the "blacked out" look, but personally, I think there should at least be an option for those of us who like some shiny parts as well...

I was kinda hoping I'd see a little bit more of a "style" change as well. I don't think there's been much variation at all over the past few years. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if Maw Kaw could put out something along the lines of Honda's Fury model...

Just my two cents if it's worth half as much. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm kinda partial to the lt colors, looks nice.

Is it me or is the ninja 300 an odd engine size? Aren't the small sport bikes normally 250 the 500/600/650 before the 1000's?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Liked the look of both Vaquero's. Looks like kawa liked the look of racnray's rims after he removed the black paint :) liked the flame treatment on the orange one. Wonder how that would look on my red one, hmm...

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Man the 2012's haven't even been out for 12 months yet have they?

Not complaining! The white and blue looks gorgeous!

I also really like how, instead of painting the side covers one of the two-tone colors, they've painted them black. Looks much better (even though I typically don't like black!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
The '12 Custom with the Tangerine Orange didn't have the pin striping around the wheels. Glad to see it back on these 2013's. With that said, these bikes have been the same since '06. Time for an update.

I love my '11 Custome SE. I've had some people say nice Yamaha dude.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I agree. Be great to see a real update. An ABS version with a stronger front brake would be cool.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
While I was signing papers on a 2012; they release the 2013s!! :eek:

Oh well, I really like the white anyway.

I kind of like the pinstriping on the Voyager, but it reminds me of the Royal Star Venture.
I hope they have a lighter color combo.

Scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am seriously considering trading in my 900 classic for one the the versys 650 bikes. I loved my sport bike but it was too cramped, so i got my cruiser. I love my cruiser but i want something more sporty. I think the versys is ideal. that or a v-strom, or a BMW f800st ( pricy though).

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Liked the look of both Vaquero's. Looks like kawa liked the look of racnray's rims after he removed the black paint :) liked the flame treatment on the orange one. Wonder how that would look on my red one, hmm...
+1 on the orange with the flames. put a sparkle in my eye.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like the black Custom with the green pinstripe, but the white/red/blue thing? Honda have used those colours for decades, and there are 'patriotic' reasons for Triumph to use them, but what have they got to do with Kawasaki?

And I agree with previous posters, just changing the colours is getting old. The ERs got some nifty upgrades on the back of their success and I would have thought the Vulcans had done well enough to justify a revamp too. I know not many cruiser riders buy the same model twice, but maybe they would if there was something new on offer.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The flamed Vaquero's the hottest looking bike as the cruiser line go's IMO. The satin finish looks aimed directly at the street glide. I think the Vaquero has one of the best looking fairings around.

I wish Kawi would make some thing in between 900 and 1700 cc's , pretty much leaves you with only 2 engine choices for cruiser's.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
XCR600, +1 on size limitations. According to Maw Kaw they introduced the 900 to fill the gap between 800 and 1300. Looks like they created a new gap. Other than that I agree that it's time for something new besides paint and I know its just a matter of taste but I still think flat black exhaust is for when the chrome is too bad to rub out and too expensive to replace. I'll stick with my Sapphire '07 Custom. I have yet to see anybodies bike that I like better.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think Kawi has a winner with the 900, i like the style,it has the classic softail look, and harley hasn't changed their look in decades.
However i would like to see some updates, that would give customers a reason to want to upgrade and purchase a new bike.
Such as a 21" spoked wheel option, a standard 200 rear tire, an air shock update, a better looking air cleaner?
Going on the cheap with all the black paint, i mean it looks good, but you gotta have a chromed up bike aswell for some of us.Just my .02 :beer:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wouldn' be surprised to see a 1300 soon.....too wide a gap there....500,800,900,1500,1600,1700,2000...and then...two choices....musta been a radical shake-up at ma kaw.....(i know the 9 "replaced" the 8....but they overlapped in the showroom for a year).....i'm still kinda shocked they stopped the 15.....i know a few guys who would have bought the 15 instead of harley's if ma kaw still made them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts