Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my bike as I picked up a smaller one that is more enjoyable for me. Here is the local listing I have. Most of you know these bikes and the info may seem redundant. Asking $10500. Located in Wheaton KS.
Selling my one owner 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700. It has 1462 actual miles. I purchased new. It has never been on its side, dropped, wrecked or left outside overnight (winters in climate controlled shop). It is as close to new as you will find unless you buy a new one. No scratches, scuffs, dings, or wear marks. Tires and battery are original. Battery has always been on smart charger since new and has never given any troubles. Only reasons for selling is that I do not get time to go on longer trips and will be buying a newer, smaller bike. Wish I could keep it and own another but cannot. Bike has all original books with it, both keys with key code plate. Has factory Ipod interface cable, AM/FM, weather channels, and cruise control. You will not be disappointed with this motorcycle. Runs, rides excellent. Also comes with zero loss pump for the factory rear air shocks. Only passenger has been one time with my daughter. 1700CC V-Twin, fuel injected, heel/toe shifter, hydraulic clutch, adjustable levers, and 6 speed transmission. Analog and central digital display. Below are the specs.
If you want some more pics please ask.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cannot seem to get pics to load in. If you like I can email anything you want of the bike. Just let me know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dont know, what the prices are in the USA for such a used bike, but compared to Euro in germany, it would say, go fo it, this price is very low.

For a similar bike in germany, I would guess approx. around 14.000 to 15.000 Euro. New would be 21.000 Euro, but with this milage it is almost new, so half the price of a new one IS CHEAP.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I thought I had it priced right, just need the right buyer. Now, where is he or she?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is the KBB retail price. It is a very good price considering the very low miles.
You might want to mention whether it does or does not have ABS and KAMS.
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Pricing is okay. It's not fantastic, and it's not bad either. A couple of things are hurting you.

1) That's the KBB retail price. Generally, KBB and others advise that only dealers can get that price. (They have a separate 'private party' price for folks selling their own bike) They are a one stop shop. First off, consumers feel safer buying from a dealer (if something goes wrong, there's someone to sue or complain to), and they get secure financing, support the machine, they can be called with questions afterwards, etc. Whether true or not, people also perceive a bike from a dealer to be better because, in theory, a dealer mechanic has 'checked it over'. Many dealers of cars and motorcycles advertise "100 point inspections" (or whatever made up number they picked) to give buyers piece of mind that a trained technician looked it over. When people buy from a private party, they expect the bike to be cheaper than what they'd spend at a dealer. If the price is the same, they'd just go to the dealer for the reasons mentioned. Yours does have very low miles but, a consumer looking for a bike like yours can probably find one similarly priced at a dealer.

I did a little "google-fu" and found a few Voyagers at dealers in Kansas ranging from a 2010 model with 12k miles with an asking price of $8,500, up to about $13k for models a year or two newer than yours. There's also some brand new Vaqueros listed for $12-$13k. That may be why yours isn't flying off of the shelf; there seems to be at least a handful in the area competitively priced to yours, but at a dealer.

2) There's a lot of great incentives and deals running right now on new Voyagers. Making a current model just a couple grand more. I've seen leftover previous-year models (still brand new) listed for $13k. If your local dealers have similar prices, it's going to be hard to entice someone to spend almost as much on your 4 year old model.

Unless you just need the money right now, if I were you, I'd sit on it a while longer at that price and see if someone will bite simply because of the low miles. However, if you want it to sell fast; you're going to have to undercut the dealers to give a consumer enough value to warrant driving out to your house, paying cash or securing their own financing on their own, and so forth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts