Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all?
I am an old timer that owned a few 900 vulcans over the years. I sold my last one several years ago. Anyway, I found a mint 2012 Classic with several extras. The owner agreed to let it go for $3000 even. It only has 2300 miles on the clock. So it's almost new.
I was wondering if this is a good deal and what I should look out for.

Thanks and ride safe!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Be wary of the smile stuck on your face every time you ride it. Have fun and be careful.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes, I think it sounds good. If it's in mint condition as you say, and has only 2300 miles on it. The main thing I would be looking for is has it been sitting for a while. Is there any rust in the gas tank, and did the guy put fuel stabilizer in it prior to storing it. Ask him if you can test ride it, to be sure the fuel situation is Ok. This seems to be the most common problem when folks first buy used bikes. Do the usual inspections, do all the lights work, all turn signals work, low beam high beam, horn, inspect the drive belt, oil level, etc.

If you buy it, change all fluids immediately,or as soon as possible. However, you could skip the brake fluid if it looks good.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
You say mint? No Brainer, BUY IT!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Buy it take a cruise to Dairy Joy in Hinkley!!

Buy it take a cruise to Dairy Joy in Hinkley!! :smile2:

I used to live in Big Rock :smile2: Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Howdy all?
I am an old timer that owned a few 900 vulcans over the years. I sold my last one several years ago. Anyway, I found a mint 2012 Classic with several extras. The owner agreed to let it go for $3000 even. It only has 2300 miles on the clock. So it's almost new.
I was wondering if this is a good deal and what I should look out for.

Thanks and ride safe!
sold my 2006 w 18k on it for 2500,so yea great deal,great bikes but you know that,not much go wrong w these just look it over as others have said good:grin2: luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you chang your mind, let me know...I will take her! With that low miles vs. Year I would be concerned about the fuel system. For example rust in the tank. Also, if ethanol gas was used. It may be the gaskets and seals where designed for ethanol. Sonething to look into. All I know is my 1996 1500 with 3k miles needed entire fuel system repaired including rebuilding the carbs and red coating the tank.
All of the fluids may need to be changed if you don't have proof they been kept up. Keep safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts