Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a written offer on a New (Old Stock) 2012 Triumph Thunderbird for $11147 OTD.

Once the sale has gone through there is a list of Triumph accessories adding up to $1100 they will order and have shipped to me at no cost.

Currently riding a 2009 VN900B. Sound like a good deal? Anybody ride Triumphs with some insight? Every time I look at one I drool :eek:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Pix. we are not too smart. need the pix! I like the storm. maybe someday. so we will just ride vicariously thru you if you don't mind

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
That is one GOOOOOD looking bike!!!
But what's this "So long, it's been fun" business? You can't just walk away from family!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great! Is it a single cylinder? Don't know much about triumphs...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Spleeks,

It's a parallel twin vs. a v-twin. 1600 cc, 86 hp 107 ft lbs torque, anti lock brakes, etc. Has a big bore kit available that pushes it up over 100 hp, which I will never have need of. Stock tires are Metzler 880s. Handles nice. Sure will miss my 9" though. I picked it up for $11431 OTD, with $1100 dollars in free Triumph aftermarket stuff that will be shipped to me. Stuff like a sissy bar, back pad, engine guard and a bunch of shiny chrome crap.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is one GOOOOOD looking bike!!!
But what's this "So long, it's been fun" business? You can't just walk away from family!
Zig, you are right ;). I'll still peek in from time to time and fully plan to attend the Kaw-Boy roundup :cool:. See you in a few weeks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Review

OK fellers,

Took her out for a few short ventures and all I can say is...WOW! It's heavy compared to the 9' but it doesn't handle like it. Very quick acceleration, very powerful in comparison. Handles extremely well in corners, ABS already tested, worked great. Big tank holds lots of fuel and the big motor is efficient. The controls are mostly well positioned. The only thing I don't like is the shift peg. I got used to the heel shifter and I can tell I am going to miss it greatly. But overall, I like it :D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts