Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it, I traded my GW in on a Voyager and I will tell you that I was alot more comfortable on the Voyager so, far I'm happy with it. The first thing I did noticed was that temp gauge that has me concerned some, but after reading other posts I will do the airbox thing in a month or two. Anyone live near me that maybe could help because that would be nerve racking riping into a new bike but seriouse if anyone lives in the same area and wants to get together for some riding drop me a PM and I will PM you my number, me and the GF do alot of riding.
I will be on this forum alot asking questions and one of them is, I know the manuel says to lift the back end when airing the shocks but, is it really necessary? The reason I ask is because the manuel for the GW says the same when readjusting the rear shock but it wasn't necessary.
Thanks all and ride safe. Mike

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I'm going to Pm you right now. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know the manuel says to lift the back end when airing the shocks but, is it really necessary? The reason I ask is because the manuel for the GW says the same when readjusting the rear shock but it wasn't necessary.
Thanks all and ride safe. Mike
I checked mine and it reads about 3 lbs different, so I don't lift mine to change the air settings. I just put in more and up the settings some when I carry a big load. But thats just how I do it. Mine always feels a little stiff with just me on it so I don't run much air.

Also some ppl here run a lot more air then 28lbs in the front tire... but after carrying a T-bag full and my wife for a long trip down the coast in high gusy winds I dropped my front tire air back from 36lbs to 28 lbs and it feels a lot more stable, slowed the quick steering down a bit. But my bike is a Nomad and the windshield turns with the handlbars. Just saying, try and keep works best for you.

Have fun with your bike and join in on the forum!
James

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have checked and adjusted the rear shocks with the rear in the air and on the ground. The only difference I can find is the shocks read about 2 pounds higher when the rear wheel is on the ground. I just compensate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts