Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed Vance and Hines Slash cuts,, man they sound Awesome but Im getting some poping, So I purchased a purchase a 17-033 Power commander V and a K & N filter,, Power Commander say they think the 17-033-006 map may work. has anyone out there done this and is this the right map

H

·
0 Posts
hi
the map for the PCV is not optimal.
each engine runs differently. even if it's the same model.
the map is set so that it works with all engines. but never opt
it is best to let the motorcycle set on a test bench.
the motorcycle will run much better. you think you have another motorcycle....

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I just looked at that map and it looks good for a starter for you.
My map is richer on the closed throttle & 2% to reduce popping. You will need to PM me your email address if you want to try it.:)
Also the unit you have has ignition map. My map has both custom maps in it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have 2012 Vaquero with D&D Fatcat slip-on exhaust, K&N filter and I also run the PCV 17-033 w/ignition. I ran the 006 map and I don't think it came with ignition settings so I copied and pasted in ignition settings from another map just to see how it ran. It ran ok but I wasn't impressed with the MPG, I was getting 35-37 MPG. Than davidsheek sent me his map and been running it for the last few months and I'm very happy with it. I get a pop every now and then but I haven't block off the air line on the back of the air box which I gonna do and see if that with take care of the little popping I'm getting. As far as MPG I couldn't be happier! If I keep my heavy wrist out of the throttle and keep it under 70mph I get 45-46+ mpg. Once again...I'm very happy with Dave's map, but still wanna have it custom mapped on a dyno for better performance yet.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I also use David's map on my 2011 Vaquero that has Cobra Tri-Ovals, Thunder Tornado goose-neck Air Kit, and a PCv.

It is the best map that I have used over the past two years and I ride the Vaquero hard and fast and average about 43mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I have finally put together all of the components on my shopping list (for now) I have freedom performance true duals with the PC5 and just added the Roaring Toyz air cleaner yesterday. Wondering if there may be any maps out there that might work better than my current one? My e-mail is ri6450Atelus.net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts