Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki Vaquero 1700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to determine what size (rise/pull) risers can be added to the 2011 Vaquero 1700 before one would have to change out any/all of the handlebar controls. I need a more relaxed position of the bars so that I don't get tightness between my shoulder blades after doing a decent distance ride. I'm a stocky fella (5'10" & 225#) and the only thing added to the bike that effects my seating is the added Mustang seat (2 up). If you have changed your risers out, what size did you go with and did you have to change any or all of the handlebar controls? I don't want to start a swap out, only to find I also need controls, or bought them and didn't need them! Also, what is the diameter of the stock bars? I can't seem to find the actual size listed in order to get the proper risers. I've looked at Chuckster's and like what he has for the Vaquero, but will it be enough for me, too much, and what about the controls! If any controls have to be replaced, where did you get yours?

Any help/advise that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Bob

·
Registered
568 Posts
I put Chucksters on my Nomad.
I'm 6' 0" and they gave me just enough height and pull back to relieve the stress between my shoulders. It would have been nicer to have another inch or two but I didn't have to change anything on the controls.
I think the Nomad and Vacquero bars are the same 1"

·
Super Moderator
1,466 Posts
The bars on your bike are 1 1/4”. I put 4” higher and 1.5” back risers on my 900. Took off the triple tree and moved cables and wiring to the tank side. Worked out well. To determine where you want your bars, try this silly method. Sit on your bike, get in the most comfortable riding position, hands down by your sides, close your eyes, then reach out to where you would be the most comfortable. Now open your eyes and note the position of your hands in relation to the grips. Told you it was silly, but it works. You can go up to 4” or maybe a little more risers with no cable or wiring changes. Here is a handlebar motorcycle chart for reference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts