Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my backrest at grasshopperlimited.com and it is good. The price is very affordable and the installation is easy. I've been looking for a backrest for quite some time but they are expensive. This one is decent. It works for me. ImageUploadedByMO Free1393966775.977163.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1393966801.512261.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I found the grasshopper to be comfortable, but considered it more of a back guide instead of rest. It let me know if I was slouching and provided support when my feet were on the highway pegs. I had to remove it when my wife rode along because it dug into her thighs. I replaced it with the Kawasaki backrest. The only negative about the Kawasaki backrest is that it transfers NAD bumps to your back where the springiness of the grasshopper does not. If I were only riding solo I would choose the grasshopper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also just bought the grasshopper backrest. I find that it pushes me forward too much, wish there was a way to move it back a couple inches. Also, it seems high on my back also. I may tear it apart and see if I can modify it...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I found the grasshopper to be comfortable, but considered it more of a back guide instead of rest. It let me know if I was slouching and provided support when my feet were on the highway pegs. I had to remove it when my wife rode along because it dug into her thighs. I replaced it with the Kawasaki backrest. The only negative about the Kawasaki backrest is that it transfers NAD bumps to your back where the springiness of the grasshopper does not. If I were only riding solo I would choose the grasshopper.
I have recently installed the factory back rest and have noticed the same thing.
It is okay on the road but around town it transfers to much friction to my lower back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to contact the manufacturer. When I first got mine, I thought it is too high because I am only 5'9". I asked if they can lower the pad and so they simply told me to ship it back and they did what I asked. Shipped the item to me and it was better than before.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I got a Grasshopper backrest for my '10 Nomad and it felt like it pushed me forward too much, so I took it off, put it in the vice on my workbench and carefully bent the bracket a bit to give me more room. Doesn't take much, so be careful if you choose this method. Also, after you've had it for awhile, it breaks in a bit on its own to give a bit more room, just like breaking in a new aftermarket seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts