Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if Im wrong, guys, but I just looked at the www.kawasaki.com website and they are showing the 2010 VN 2000 in the line-up now? I am certain that it wasnt there last month???
last time I looked , I was certain that the 2011 Voyager 1700 was the biggest bike posted . but now it seems that they are promoting the V2K also? Is it that they have a bunch of "hold overs" which arent in dealerships hands as yet ???
Am I incorrect ??

·
Registered
159 Posts
You are probably correct on this but think yourself lucky as far as us poor buggers here in Australia go the 2009 was the last model. Not real big sellers out here and I cannot see why as we have a big country with some very nice roads.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Popeye,, yeah I understand, 2007 was the last year they were available in Canada.
I cant understand why they didnt sell well?? I do believe that there is a certain mindset among many riders , that 2000 cc is just too big??? and also lots of folk believe that it is a big heavy bike{which it is} that equates to a clumsy, hard to manage bike, which it is NOT. I can agree that it can be unfriendly in some unlevel parking lots, but it more than compensates out of the open road!!! I have never ridden ANY bike which instills the confidence & security , that I feel on my V2K.
Ive hauled my trailer with it , across the state of Utah at 100+mph and felt totally secure/comfortable. FYI, got passed by a Peterbilt w/53' trailer , doing 106 mph , LOL You could almost SEE the rubber wearing off those semi tires !!!

Ive watched friends struggle to pull my 04 up off the kickstand, yet I can do it with no hands on the bars, just using my left knee !!! And im not a big guy, 5'10, 200lbs. So I dont see whats the issue?
I do believe that had more folks actually test ridden the bike , rather than made their minds up , just looking at it/reading bout it, It would have sold much better!
Lets just be thankful that we didnt follow convention!!!
If your NOT the lead dog, the view is ALL the same!!!
cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts