Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The bagger scene – once largely the realm of Harley-Davidson's Road Glide, Street Glide and Road King models – grew by at least two models last year with the introduction of Victory's Cross Country and Star's Stratoliner Deluxe.

For 2011 Kawasaki continues the bagger segment growth trend with its Vulcan 1700-based Vaquero.

A blacked-out color scheme distinguishes the Vaquero from its Vulcan brethren while creating a turnkey custom look. The engine, air-cleaner cover, wheels, fork assembly and tank cover all get the blackout treatment; chrome accents (engine guards, exhaust, mirrors, etc.) provide just enough gleam to tactfully offset the Vaquero's dark matter

More: 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero Preview on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cool just hope they fixed the stalling problem of the 1700, but I like the look of the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Great looking bike, but I prefer the shiney stuff (chrome). Looks alot like te C.C. to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome look. The red looks really good, too. My 900 is an 09 so mama won't let me upgrade yet but she likes this one, too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glad to see the return of the older style Nomad bags. I've got a 2000 Nomad and I have never had any issues with the bags. The color options on this one don't do much for me but maybe they will put the chrome back and do a 2 tone for 2012. I'd like to have this bike in the same colors as my Nomad (Candy Cardinal/Pearl Gentry Grey) with the addition of the Voyager rear box. Not really liking the blacked out motor. Actually it doesn't look bad on the black one but the Candy Fire Red version looks terrible with the blacked out treatment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really like the look of the all black version. But, in reading some of the responses, it looks like some more research is to be done before an upgrade is to occur.

·
Registered
392 Posts
quick note on the stalling issue: My understanding is this is limited to the 2010 Voyager only. I have 2009 Nomad and have tried countless times to make it stall and IT WILL NOT STALL! if you think all 1700's have issues, you are incorrect.
other note: with no passenger floorboards, backrest and fitted with the thin classic passenger seat, the Vaquero is not passenger friendly as is the Nomad/Voyager. I ride 2-up on a regular basis. Just a few thoughts. respectfully, Joe-cqt1414...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the 2010 Nomad. It has had stalling issues ever since the day I got it. I tried waiting the 12 sec. and every other thing I have read but when it gets ready to stall it stalls. Mostly on the first stop after starting. Hope they hurry up with a fix because I never know when it is going to do it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Top looking ride, Love the black but loave the red. Good to see the return of the original NOMAD style bags as Ive heard a lot of complaints about the new styles bags on the 1700 NOMAD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like it!!!!!! I wish I would have waited a little longer to upgrade. I wonder how hard it would be to install that faring on my Voyager??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Never had a problem with my 09 Nomad. It did run hot but they came out with a fix for that and it made what was a common problem on all V-Twins operating in hot climate areas a relative non issue. Never had stalling problems but the new ECU upgrade was quick and easy and moved my milage from the mid thirties to the low forties.
Never had a problem with the bags, I find them to be as good as those on my Goldwing in every way. When the bike first came out I saw a lot of comments on other sites making disparaging remarks about the bags but I quickly saw that most came from the pre 1700 Nomad folks with the side opening dump-all-your-clothes-on-the-ground bags and it turned out that many had only seen pictures at that time. Its a bum rap.
Owned a lot of bikes in my 55 years of riding, to me they are machinery, pure and simple, I don't have love affairs with them, don't get emotional about them but I will say the 1700 Nomad is one great piece of machinery. This is my first Kawasaki and my hats off to them particularly in their rapid response to the minor problems they had with a first year model. If you want to see typical first year problems with bikes, take a look at the history of the first few years of the 1800 Goldwing or even the uber reliable Victorys, both of which I own (but not the first year models) :)) Honda got at best a B, Victory got an F (subsequent bikes have been very,very reliable) but Kawasaki gets an A.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the side opening dump-all-your-clothes-on-the-ground bags and it turned out that many had only seen pictures at that time. Its a bum rap.
I've never had any problems with anything falling out of my side opening bags on my 2000 Nomad. I do not like the looks of the top opening Harley wannabe bags. With the 1700's Kawasaki had done away with the best looking bags on the market and some very functional bags at that. Thankfully they have brought them back. There must be some demand or we would not be seeing the reappearance of them. Now if they will just give us some better paint schemes and put the chrome back on it they will have a great looking bike. Kawasaki should work more on creating their own image and brand identity and not worry about trying to be too similar to the other makes. I love my Nomad because it is not a Harley clone.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts