Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im posting this because I want to know how others with this same bike are keeping it clean. Right now I just wipe the dust off it with a clean rag. When it's really dirty I hand wash with just regular soap. I was wondering do we need to do anything special to care of the matte/flat paint. I know waxing is a no no. Is there any waterless sprays we can use to keep it cleen but not make the paint shinny?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have you looked at S100??? I honestly don't know how it is for flat black, but all I do it spray it on (places it can be sprayed) then hose it off. My bike is perfectly clean from it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I use automotive car wash solution. I believe I got the gallon jug of it at Costco. It's cheap and easy to use. It cleans well and rinses spot free. The brand is Meguire's. It won't hurt anything on the bike either, and I don't think it would be detrimental to the flat paint on the SE model. I usually just rinse the bike with the garden hose, then use a soft terry cloth towel to wash off the painted parts of the bike, and a soft bristle car washing brush for the engine. I don't use it for anything else. Then rinse again and dry off with a clean towel. What I never do is direct a strong stream of water directly to the ends of the wheel axles or any of the electronic components. I know the bike is designed to be operated in all kinds of weather, including the rain, but there's just no point in inviting disaster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks so it's sounding like just regular washing then I just didn't no if there was anything special for the flat paint. I haven't checked the s100 but I will I hope it's ok for flat paint

·
Registered
711 Posts
Some may disagree but dish soap works better than anything else. I do have a galon of Armorall Ultra Shine Wash & Wax but the dish soap cleans better, smells good and leaves you hands soft LOL.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Won't that wax shin up the se paint

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just remember, dish detergent will clean well, but you have to make sure you rinse it ALL off, then rinse again, or any soap left on can dry leaving a white residue. Looks bad on regular paint, gotta look real bad on the flat black paint. And negative on the wax or polish on flat black paint.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Lemon Pledge works the same as most bike cleaners and basically the same ingredients. Check the other post in these Forums to read more about it.

A lot cheaper, cleans and shines paint, chrome, aluminum, rubber, plastic, and more.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When it's riding season, I take mine to the car wash about every 2 weeks and give her a good spaying. I blow out the hard to get to places with a leaf blower, wipe her down and give her a coat of Meguire's and i'm ready to roll in a little over an hour. Some times I wish my bike was flat black so I could just wipe and go. Some people are against taking it to a car wash, but i'm about to turn 28k on my 09 LT and haven't had any issues with her yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts