Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must part with my 2010 Vulcan 900 Custom. This bike was purchased new in 2013 and has about 8,000 miles. Accessories include Windshield, Sissy Bar, Rack, and Highway Bars. This Bike has had all services completed by the dealer and was just serviced at 7,500 miles with a new rear tire installed. Bike is in great condition, and has been always garaged. Motorcycle is located in Eastern Missouri... Sale price is $4,500.00 E-Mail address [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Now I need a little help in pricing the Vulcan 900, I checked Craigslist and priced my Vulcan lower than those listed. Of course, I don't know if their bike sold. What is the real market value? The bike is just to nice to give away. Other than Craigslist what other ads do potential buyers check? Sorry for all the questions, however I have never sold a bike by owner. I guess I should have traded it in when I purchased the Scout, however they only wanted to give me $3,000.00 which I thought was ridiculous. I considered keeping them both, but finances as they are dictate a bike has to go. So realistically what is the 2010 vulcan 900 worth??

·
Registered
370 Posts
In my area your price is only about 100 under retail. I will never pay a private seller anything close to retail. Retail is dealer pricing and if I am buying private I want it cheaper. I would say a fair price would be around 3800. This is just my opinion tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nati, That at least gives me an opinion, and a possible reason why I have not had much response. I may repost it at a lower price or reconsider finding a way to keep it. I believe we do become attached to our possessions and place a higher value on them than the true value.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I always price my stuff at loan value which is typically about 80% of retail. You're close to that now. LV is about $4400. I would keep your price. I would also take the accessories off and sell them here. You won't get any extra for those from an individual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Colemantle,
I never thought about removing accessories. I know the dealer does not count them when it comes to a trade in, but I thought a private buyer might want the extras, especially if he was considering two bikes. Because it is later in the riding season will drop the price to $4,200.
Has anyone had any luck with ads other than Craigslist? Craigslist seems to attract the fraudulent buyers.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thanks Colemantle,
I never thought about removing accessories. I know the dealer does not count them when it comes to a trade in, but I thought a private buyer might want the extras, especially if he was considering two bikes. Because it is later in the riding season will drop the price to $4,200.
Has anyone had any luck with ads other than Craigslist? Craigslist seems to attract the fraudulent buyers.
You might get lucky and get a buyer who wants the exact stuff you out on your bike but a lot of people like to pick their own add ons to make the bike their own. You could sell the accessories on this site or ebay and get more money for them. At least that's what I've done in the past.

I've had good luck selling bikes on CL. Sold 4 on there in the last 4 years. However the 900s are flooded on my local CL. You have to sell them cheap depending on your market. I've used cycletrader too but never had any luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As promised I have dropped the price on My 2010 Vulcan 900 Custom with 8,000 miles to $4,200. Again this bike has had all maintenance performed at the dealer. The last service at 7,500 miles which included a new rear tire. bike is in excellent condition always garaged and never dropped. E-Mail [email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Willride,
I'm not experienced in bikes as I just bought my first but I can tell you i spent hours and hours for weeks and weeks (wife: what are you doing on computer? Me: nothing. Wife: are you jerking off to bikes again??? Me: no...). I can tell you I tried craigslist but it is so hit/miss I didn't find it s good source for prices or bikes. Take a look at cycletrader or oodle (didn't use oodle much). FYI, I bought a '12 Custom SE 900 'round your new asking price (from dealer). It was advertised more than several hundred higher. IMO, if I were buying yours I would try to to offer you $4K if you had it at $4200...but depending on what's on cycletrader at the time I might expect to pay less. Also I cross shopped brands a lot (Harley, Indian, Kawi, etc...found out can't touch Indian at that price)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts