Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Yesterday while riding my 2010 Vulcan 900 Custom at about 60 mph my speedometer started failing (clicking on and off) and soon after my digital display reset itself while running. About 30 seconds later I lost all power to my throttle and engine just started idling as I was decelerating. Upon pulling over onto the shoulder of the road the engine cut off. I still had about 1/4 tank of gas when this happened. I tried trouble shooting to make sure battery terminals were tight and not in contact with anything they shouldn't be. I also took the air cleaner cover to make sure my airflow wasn't being restricted by anything. Both of those checks were satisfactory upon inspection. I then tried to start the bike again and the engine would turn over but once I let off the engine start switch the engine would shut down immediately. I know all things point to an electrical issue as my gauges were turning on and off before the loss of the throttle and engine failure. I could hear an audible click when the gauges were malfunctioning. Has anyone else had these issues and what was the cause if you did? I've read it could be a stator issue or fuses. Where do I start?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check the output of your battery. Should be more then 12 volts. If less replace. It's tough to check stator if the bike isn't running. Output while running should be 14v. Hopefully it's the battery. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts