Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, have a problem with my 2010 Vulcan 1700 Classic Lt and wondering if anyone had simular problems. On my last ride I noticed my gas mileage more than doubled to 15L/100km. Bike seemed to run well at highway speed but at low speed it felt like it was only firing on one cylinder and ran rough. When at idle the RPM's would go up and down. Eventually the bike stalled and would not restart. I checked the oil and found the crankcase filled with gas. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Wow, I don't know where to start with this.
First off, is there no dout that there is gas in crankcase?
If so I would recommend getting it to a good mechanic without riding it.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
If he really has a crankcase filling up with gas, he has a much bigger problem than a injector.

·
Registered
138 Posts
a stuck injector can fill crank case
you need to find out how fuel is getting into crankcase and the main engine supply would be injectors flooding engine then bypassing rings ,another reason as it would drown one cylinder so would only run on one
had a customers car do this and it ignited and damaged the sumpmalso a lot of damage to bearings through dilution of oil

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
a stuck injector can fill crank case
you need to find out how fuel is getting into crankcase and the main engine supply would be injectors flooding engine then bypassing rings ,another reason as it would drown one cylinder so would only run on one
had a customers car do this and it ignited and damaged the sumpmalso a lot of damage to bearings through dilution of oil
Yes that sounds very logical now that I read your post.
Guess I thought it would hydro lock if that much fuel was going into the combustion chamber.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yep that could also happen and it could bend a rod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts