Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Looks like the V2K is truly gone. No 2011.
Glad I have one.
it may be contageous. the market is flat and everybody is overbuilt/overstocked. I heard honda is not making the goldwing for 011. they are moving all their prod/assembly from ohio to japan. should be some good deals to be had this winter.?

·
Registered
538 Posts
it may be contageous. the market is flat and everybody is overbuilt/overstocked. I heard honda is not making the goldwing for 011. they are moving all their prod/assembly from ohio to japan. should be some good deals to be had this winter.?
All the Asian manufacturers are cutting back or discontinuing certain models, but the Gold Wing???? I don't think so. In fact I'd bet a 12 pack of Coronas that it's here next year. :D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
All the Asian manufacturers are cutting back or discontinuing certain models, but the Gold Wing???? I don't think so. In fact I'd bet a 12 pack of Coronas that it's here next year. :D
obg, so where exactly do I have to go to collect my dozen coronas? seeing that distance may be prohibitive, I spect you wouldn't mind drinking them for me, would you? as I understand the market, is that honda has enuff 010's in stock to get thru all next year. sale pricing should be best early winter and then prices go back to norm as stocks are depleted. Honda is not abandoning thier flagship platform, they are just reorganizing. I suspect the retooled 012 will be substantially upgraded/improved. after all this is an 10yr old design.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Honda has completely dropped it's big V-twin 1800 line, but they are continuing the Goldwing. They have consolidated their U.S plants and moved most everything back to Japan.

·
Registered
538 Posts
obg, so where exactly do I have to go to collect my dozen coronas? seeing that distance may be prohibitive, I spect you wouldn't mind drinking them for me, would you? as I understand the market, is that honda has enuff 010's in stock to get thru all next year. sale pricing should be best early winter and then prices go back to norm as stocks are depleted. Honda is not abandoning thier flagship platform, they are just reorganizing. I suspect the retooled 012 will be substantially upgraded/improved. after all this is an 10yr old design.
I suspect we are BOTH right as I am seeing Honda putting a 2011 badge on those left over 2010s. I suggest we both buy a twelver for each other as we both win/lose and to save on shipping costs I'll drink your's and you can drink mine.

I agree that Honda will greatly improve the GW and I predict we will see a 2000cc motor in the 2012. I further predict a factory trike. We'll see.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
its all about the motor... sickle

I suggest we both buy a twelver for each other as we both win/lose and to save on shipping costs I'll drink your's and you can drink mine.
I agree that Honda will greatly improve the GW and I predict we will see a 2000cc motor in the 2012. I further predict a factory trike. We'll see.
make mine XX! a 2k flat 6'r, yikes! 200hp? they'l need three wheels to reign in them ponies. am growing fond of that 3rd wheel, now 8k miles under her.

back on topic, any good deals on v2k's out there? these are really great platforms to do either a chop or rat job, if the price is right. out, ponch

·
Registered
59 Posts
For what it is worth, I actually think the 2009 & 2010's Goldwings were made in 2008 @ the Marysville, Ohio plant. They made a butt load of them, with different color schemes, for 2009 & 2010. I didn't follow this story too much on the Goldwing board, but there have been lots of posts about it.

Herb

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Lew, I don't see any reference to a 2011 VN2000 on the Kawi Website. Guide me please.:confused:
It's only listed as a 2010 model. I stopped by a dealer last weekend and told one of the salesmen it looked like the V2K wasn't being offered for 2011. He seemed surprised so he checked his list on the computer for 2011 cruisers and it only showed VN900 and VN1700 models.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There os no mention of a 2010 or 2011 model V2K here in Australia. Methinks the 2009 model will the last to be released here. A real shame given some of the long open roads we have here these bikes were not big sellers, in fact I have to only one in my immediate area and one of only 4 sold in my area in 4 years. I often wonder what the Triumph Rocket sales are like.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
215 Posts
Went to Biketoberfest 2010 went to Kawasaki booth on the track talked to Marty he said "the VN2000 will be no more" Its a shame she is a powerful and sexy machine

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
sooo.... are there any really great deals to be had on left over inventories? I'd buy me 'nother for the right price. set it up as a tour bike. take my 07 and chop it.. down, ie. rat it. Annie got her a good price on an 09. anybody know where deals can be had?

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
All this means is that all those people who hesitated lose out on a great bike. Shoulda bought one while the opportunity existed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts