Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anybody is interested, I am heading to Phoenix, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Brice Canyon, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam , Back to Phoenix and then back to Simcoe Ontario in June. I was thinking of putting it all under "Rides" from the planning stages , preparations, accomadations, routes etc onwards. I am leaving June 13th from Simcoe and hope to be able to update this with photos as i go along. If you are interested in reading or following this let me know as it will take a bit of work to do it. Otherwise i wont bother. Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
147 Posts
Whiting, absolutely do that if you can! That area is one of the most beautiful parts of the country, IMHO. Wife and i went there many times (even myself on my own before during my single years). Even a random picture from over there has a good chance to be fascinating...

I have been thinking how to tour it on a bike (I am in New York, dang!) I found somewhere online that you can rent a bike in Vegas but they are not cheap at all - I think it is north of $100/day...

Can anyone recommend a decent place that would rent a couple of bikes for a week-long trip anywhere in Phoenix, Vegas, Reno, even Palm Springs... Anywhere where you can fly into...

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Whiting, absolutely do that if you can! That area is one of the most beautiful parts of the country, IMHO. Wife and i went there many times (even myself on my own before during my single years). Even a random picture from over there has a good chance to be fascinating...

I have been thinking how to tour it on a bike (I am in New York, dang!) I found somewhere online that you can rent a bike in Vegas but they are not cheap at all - I think it is north of $100/day...

Can anyone recommend a decent place that would rent a couple of bikes for a week-long trip anywhere in Phoenix, Vegas, Reno, even Palm Springs... Anywhere where you can fly into...
There is a bike rental place in Phoenix AZ, Around $100 per day, includes a pre loaded GPS for your trip, BMW 800 is one of the selections, I think it includes insurance, will let you know the Company name as a buddy of mine just checked it out. ..... Here is the link ..

http://www.azride.com/MotorcycleRental.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please do keep us updated! Pics/ info are great from road trips. I'm leaving for my first US bound trip this wednesday to South Carolina.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now in "Rides", I have started to lay out the trip and will update the Trip details later on today ... gotta cut grass now, Photo's and comments will be added as the trip progresses .

The rest of the trip is now updated, start to finish

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please do keep us updated! Pics/ info are great from road trips. I'm leaving for my first US bound trip this wednesday to South Carolina.
Hope you have a great trip and a safe ride ... Look forward to some pics.
Happy trails Maurice

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am going on a 6 day trip July 15 -20. Washington- Mt St Helen's,Columbia Gorge , Mt Hood OR ,Painted Hills Or, Hells Canyon ID, Old Sprial HYW ID, Lolo Pass Montana, North Cascade HWY. I will also post pics on this trip .
PG

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realy enjoy reading about peoples trips and photos etc ... look forward to reading about it, cheers Maurice

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update for May 31st in "Rides"

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
In October I did a group ride from Sedona to the Grand Canyon (and back) on Harleys rented from Eagle Rider in Sedona.

We only had two days to drive from Yuma to Sedona, pick up the bikes, ride, then drive back to Yuma, so we didn't spend a lot of time in any one place, but we still had a blast. Absolutely beautiful. Not sure if it is part of your route, but AZ 89A from Sedona to Flagstaff was my favorite part of the trip. Had I been by myself I probably would have spent as much time on the shoulder taking as pictures as I did riding.

Anyway, I hope you have as much fun as we did.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In October I did a group ride from Sedona to the Grand Canyon (and back) on Harleys rented from Eagle Rider in Sedona.

We only had two days to drive from Yuma to Sedona, pick up the bikes, ride, then drive back to Yuma, so we didn't spend a lot of time in any one place, but we still had a blast. Absolutely beautiful. Not sure if it is part of your route, but AZ 89A from Sedona to Flagstaff was my favorite part of the trip. Had I been by myself I probably would have spent as much time on the shoulder taking as pictures as I did riding.

Anyway, I hope you have as much fun as we did.
Thx, that is part of the trip, I 17 to the Sedona cut off and then up 89A.... the biggest mistake on my first couple of trips was not stopping and taking enough pics ... lesson learned as we are taking 2 cameras. Cheers Maurice

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update for June 9th in Rides

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Updated in Rides June 10th

:):):)

·